Monday 20th June

171/365: fuchsia Dark Eyes

It's the ladies tournament at Eastbourne this week so whatever I choose to do with myself has to fit around that! I have a couple of social things in the diary as well as the usual online classes and piano lesson so with the afternoons devoted to the tennis and a couple of evenings of decent TV, it has the promise of being a good week.

I know some of you read Sue's post on Saturday. I owe Sue a huge thank you as it has given me the kick I needed to make me revisit my plans for this stage of my life. I've been giving some thought to what I want to get out of life over the last few month but post pandemic lethargy has impacted on this, so Sue's post was a timely reminder that time won't wait and I need to get on and actually make a start on some of those plans. I won't go into any more detail here (there'll undoubtedly be a post about it later in the week ... just to warn you) except to say that this week I'm working on a bucket list of things I'd like to achieve and places I want to see in the next 18 to 24 months. 

I can mention that one of the things on my bucket list, under the personal achievement heading, is to sort out my fitness levels. Actually I'm talking complete lack of fitness here and it's a priority as this impacts on everything I want to do. Well that's in hand and a local personal trainer will be phoning today to arrange a date and time for the preliminary visit. I've already mentioned this before but the first person I contacted hasn't responded to any of my enquiries so I'm trying A instead. A has already messaged me to say she will phone me this morning so I'm hopeful!

No housework today as I caught up on that over the weekend so it's a day of leisure ... piano & Italian practices, bucket list planning, reading, and tennis. 😊

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to reading more in due course. It was a great post, wasn't it. Made me think hard. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a great post and just what I needed to push me to get on with things. xx

      Delete
  2. If think Sue's post hit home with many of us, I'm looking at things I have been saying for ages I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a much needed reminder to get on and do those things I keep saying I want to do but never get round to. I'll be reading with interest to see what you decide to do

      Delete
  3. I wish you well as you put your plans into action, Eileen, and will be reading about it with interest. :)
    Sounds like you might have better luck with the new personal trainer and I hope that works out well.
    Enjoy your day of leisure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. The new trainer has already phoned and I will be seeing her tomorrow afternoon.

      Delete
  4. I started out saying WOW to you thinking you have be lethargic post pandemic - I have for several weeks been quite envious of all the social activities you have been partaking in with friends; it makes my attempt to Return quite pathetic ... if you've been lethargic then I have been catatonic, so maybe your post & Sue's are my kick in the butt to get out there (lol, but not). I'm looking forward to hearing more about the P.T. - fingers crossed A is the answer ... (I sense another butt kicking for me & yes LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my post (when I get round to writing it) will clarify why I think lethargy in my post lockdown life has impacted on my 'return' to a normal lifestyle.

      I will be able to give feedback on the PT in my Wednesday post as I'm seeing her tomorrow to discuss my goals etc.

      Delete
  5. I can relate to the "post pandemic lethargy" and was thinking just this weekend that hubby and I need to get more day trips on our calendar. Off to read Sue's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people are experiencing post pandemic lethargy. I just need to work out how I'm going to get myself out of this and get back to doing and being! Hope you enjoy Sue's post ... it definitely makes you think hard about what you want from life.

      Delete
  6. I read Sue's post with great interest although I'm not widowed but my husband is disabled and my own health hasn't been great. You're right time doesn't wait and we must do all things we hope to do while we can. I'm looking forward to reading your post and I hope the visit with the personal trainer goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think it applies to everyone regardless of personal circumstances, and the importance of being sure that you are happy that you are getting the most out of life and won't look back with regrets for all the things you didn't do or try.

      Delete
  7. Looking forward to hearing what your plans are. It was a very thoughtful post. I sometimes feel that I don't really know what I want to do with this stage of my life. Just when I start thinking about making plans something happens to derail them or push things in another direction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to keep it simple and not overwhelm myself in any way. I know exactly what you mean about life getting in the way of plans so I'm also not bothering with target dates this time!

      Delete
  8. Sending good vibes. That is a lot of thinking and planning and that is definitely not a day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I like this sort of planning and think it's fun rather than a chore. It means making lots of list and I am very much a 'lists' person!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts