Thursday 23rd June

174/365: the knautia has started growing through the hydrangea

Changes are happening! On Sunday I emailed the Italian language teacher that I'd found during the pandemic on the off chance that I'd get a reply and I heard back from her today. She confirmed that she has restarted running the conversation groups I'm interested in and requested details of my current level etc., so I emailed back and am waiting to hear back from her.  She said that most of the current groups are full so I may need to wait until the next intake but it all sounds promising ... this is a group that meets in a café and you learn to speak Italian while enjoying coffee and cake! There is also the possibility of something local via Joy and there are quite a few teachers in Bath so I'm pretty sure that, one way on another, the Italian conversation will be getting under way before too long. 

Then today, C confirmed that she'll definitely be resuming in person lessons within the next month or so but will still give people the option to continue online. I'll probably opt for a mixture of the two as one of the reasons I chose to learn with C was that she encourages duet playing and I think that will be more fun to do in person with her playing the other part than by playing with a recording. The piano and Italian are both on a Wednesday but C has already mentioned that she will need to move lessons around once she knows what everyone wants to do so it should be easy enough to move mine to a different day. 

So it looks like, with the addition of the personal training, life is opening up for me and my routine will look very different within a couple of month. Two of the three activities are one-to-one and the Italian is in a group (but I don't know the group size) and all three will get me out of the house. It's quite exciting isn't it?

There's nothing at all in the diary for today so I'll do a quick shop in town this morning and, if J is free, will call at hers for a quick coffee and catch up ... we didn't get to meet up yesterday. Then I can settle down for the tennis this afternoon. I haven't seen much of the ladies tennis this week with the way things have worked out so am looking forward to this and will finish  off with another good night on TV to watch 'Eat Well for Less' and 'Who Do You Think You Are'.

Comments

  1. Your plans do sound exciting, getting out and meeting people will be good especially Italian conversation over coffee and cake :) I really enjoyed watching the Sewing Bee last night being Japanese themed and all four going through to the final, a good result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything with cake has to be good doesn't it? Sadly that particular avenue is closed so I will contact one of the Bath tutors instead.

      I really enjoyed the Japanese theme and loved the garment of the week. I thought that was very clever.

      Delete
  2. How lovely that things are opening up again. Good luck with all your plans - it's such a nice feeling, isn't it. A lighthearted sort of vibe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great feeling. I just have to get it all to slot together nicely!

      I've been very good a did the 3 exercises (2 x 10 repetition of each one) that Amy set for me. I'm feeling smug because I managed it without struggling 🤭 xx

      Delete
  3. It all does sound very exciting. You shan't be moldering in the cottage after all :). I like the idea of a language group meeting to enjoy the new skill. We had a bit of an off the patio adventure yesterday ... needs to acquire a very specialized new eye drop for Mr Man, not available locally, but near by ... it felt really good to push outside of our routine & it presented lots of opportunities for several SPSH finds. A first in the antidote of my COVID Coccoon moldering (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In addition to learning the language, the group idea gives me an opportunity to meet more people and may be a way to grow my social circle.

      Congratulations on your first chipping away at the Covid cocoon and getting the SPSH photos is a bonus.

      Delete
  4. You have a wonderful mix of things planned. The knautia looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

      The knautia is looking much better this year and I really like the way it's growing through the hydrangea.

      Delete
  5. We did 3 years of Evening classes in Italian but that was 4 years ago and I think if I was to join a conversational class I'd have to quite a bit of revision.. we have started to learn Welsh here in Wales I remember some from my school days a good 70 years ago! Sounds as though you're going to be happily busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like the Universe heard you and your plans! That's great that things are opening up for you. Personally, the thought of in-person anything fills me with terror (I wore an N95 mask for the 5 minutes it took to go into the Sri Lankan restaurant to pick up my food order), but, then, again, our new Covid case numbers were over 5,000 yesterday and our 7 day testing positivity rate is over 7%. I'm perfectly happy in my cocoon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts