Wednesday 15th June

166/365: blue skies and fluffy white clouds
creating a perfect backdrop to the garden 
 

Yesterday was definitely a day of two halves. I'd slept well but was still very tired so gave in and went back to bed after breakfast, waking feeling refreshed and much more human just before lunchtime. No thoughts of housework crossed my mind (!) so I did my piano practice while lunch was cooking (chicken and roast veg tray bake) and then ate it in front of the TV while watching the start of the tennis coverage.

I met J as arranged at 3:30pm only to find that our chosen venue was closed for refurbishment so a swift change of plan and we returned to her home to leave the cars and went to one of the cafes in town instead ... where we bumped into L who was there with some of her friends. We had a quick chat but L stayed with her group and I stayed with J, although we did arrange that the three of us will meet one evening at mine or J's to watch a film together. It was lovely to see J again and we had lots to catch up on. All things considered, it was a good day.

Hopefully today will be just as good. It's the nutrition class this morning where we'll do a round up of the latest nutrition research, which is always interesting. That's followed by my piano lesson, which I'm looking forward to as I've practiced properly this week(!), and once that's finished I'll have an hour free to get some lunch before the tennis coverage starts. So, tennis all afternoon, and then it's the Repair Shop, Great British Sewing Bee, and DNA Family Secrets on TV tonight.

Comments

  1. Your garden looks so very lovely - what a difference, eh?
    Have a great piano lesson. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. The garden is coming on and looks so different, and much better, than in previous years.

      I'm keeping everything crossed (except fingers for obvious reasons!) that the lesson goes well and I don't have any Eric Morecombe moments this week 😂

      Delete
  2. Your garden does look lovely and what a beautiful day it was yesterday. Sounds like a nice afternoon and the closed venue turned into a positive for you. It's a good evening on TV today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It was gorgeous weather yesterday but a bit too hot for me ... you can never please some people can you!!

      It was indeed a good afternoon with the added surprise of bumping into L as well.

      Wednesday seems to be the best day for TV at the moment.

      Delete
  3. I love Wednesday night TV! The Sewing Bee is my absolute favourite though. I enjoy DNA programme equally, I usually get a bit tearful watching the latter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Strangely I don't have a favourite on Sewing Bee this time and (at the moment) won't mind who wins. It's quite difficult to call this time.

      I get choked up when watching the DNA programme so you're not alone in that! 🙂

      Delete
  4. And doesn't your garden look cozy & inviting, with just a peak at the trellis boxes ready for planting. The lattice backdrop of your fence really adds to the focus of the plants. Nice to have chance & planned meetings with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is calling me but the tennis is shouting louder, so I am indoors on a glorious day and enjoying the match! I'm really pleased with the effect of the trellis, it's made a big difference. Everyone who's seen it likes the effect.

      It felt just like the before times, bumping into friends. Before we saw her, L had bumped in HC, another mutual friend. It must have been 'the' day to be seen around town!

      Delete
  5. Your garden looks amazing. It sounds like a power nap is exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. The nap was exactly what I needed ... I just need to get over the 'guilt' of going back to bed during the day when I'm not ill. I'm okay about napping downstairs ... it's the going back to bed that leaves me feeling guilty!

      Delete
  6. Lovely photo of the garden with the backdrop of trees, blue skies and white clouds!
    Sounds like you had a very good day, yesterday, and the nap was just what you needed. Glad you were get together with your friend in the afternoon and a chance meeting with another friend, too!
    Hope the plans for today are coming along nicely. I know you mentioned that you had a good piano lesson; hope the tennis and other TV shows are equally good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It was a good day yesterday, including the nap, and especially meeting up with friends. The cafe we went to has tables and chairs outside so as well as chatting with friends you get to talk to people passing by as well.

      The rest of today (yesterday now) was good too. I enjoyed the tennis and the TV shows.

      Delete
  7. There's more color in your garden than the last time I checked in. I bet you are really happy that you have transformed it. And I am glad the change of venue did not hinder you catching up a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's coming on. There are still a few plants not quite ready to bloom and in about a month it should look it's best. I love everything about it and am happy with the decisions I've made.

      Thanks, it was good to catch up with my friend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts