Saturday 11th June

162/365: white marguerite
 

I'm counting yesterday as a good day ... one of those days where everything slotted together nicely. It started with Joy suggesting a possible solution to my Italian conversation problem which we'll chat about it when I see her later this month ... we'll stick to English when we chat as Joy herself isn't the solution to the problem! 😂

I did a quick trip to Tesco to pick up some goodies for lunch and arrived back home in time to tune in for the nutrition focus class. It was another interesting session, looking at how nutrition has evolved during the 70 years of the Queen's reign, and it was fun to hear people reminiscing about their favourite family meals during the 50s, 60s and 70s. 

L was here for the afternoon. She usually only stays for two or three hours but this time stayed for six hours and even then only left because she needed to be home to accept a supermarket delivery. We had a really good laugh together and talked non stop ... somehow we never run out of things to talk about! We've added a couple of outings to the diary and also a few more afternoon/evening meeting here to rent the films we missed during and after the pandemic when we weren't going to the cinema. 

Again, there's nothing in the diary for today so I'll carry on deep cleaning in the kitchen. I didn't do anything in there yesterday so will clean all the small appliances and wipe the cupboard doors on one side of the kitchen. Tomorrow I can sort out the washing machine filters and run a cleaning programme, change the extractor filter and wipe the rest of the cupboard doors. I sorted the cupboards recently and the oven was cleaned professionally so that just leaves the work surface, hob, tiles and window to be cleaned next week. 

I ran out of time to comment on blogs yesterday so I will be playing catch up today.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great day, yesterday! The nutrition class sounds like it was very interesting! Family meals have probably changed quite a bit over the years. Sounds like you've planned a busy day, today, cleaning the kitchen! Have a fun day, Eileen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good day thanks Bless. The nutrition class was really interesting and the reminders of what family meals used to be like was fun, but also highlighted just how much our eating habits have changed.

      It didn't take too long to clear my list for cleaning in the kitchen today so I now have a relaxing afternoon and evening ahead of me. Hope you have a fun day too, Bless. x

      Delete
  2. Six hours chatting and laughing sounds lovely. Cleaning the kitchen can always wait another day although it does feel good when it's all sparkling clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did have a good time together and we hope to repeat it soon. I've caught up with myself in cleaning the kitchen now ... half of the glossy white cupboard doors are sparkling now but really show up the ones I still have to do!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely day . . . I hope today is just as good in its own way. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Yesterday was lovely and today is going really well. I've finished today's chores and am now settling in for a relaxing afternoon and evening. xx

      Delete
  4. How lovely that you two had an extra long chat; and just as nice to book the future get-togethers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. It was the first time in ages that one of us hasn't needed to watch the clock because of other commitments and was all the better because of that. Yes, there are now things in the diary to look forward to.

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    Glad you got your issues resolved and you can spend a good time with your friend!
    Kitchen jobs are not easy, but they are necessary ;))!!
    I hope that everything goes as you have planned.
    I liked the white daisy. Is beautiful!
    Regarding your question, the cottage is private and no one lives there anymore. It is not open to the public.
    Hugs and good weekend.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I had a great time with my friend yesterday and I caught up with the housework today instead. I was able to complete everything on my list today, so am pleased with that.

      What shame no one lives in the cottage anymore. It's such a pretty building. I hope you have a good weekend too x

      Delete
  6. That's an impressive list of achievements. DH and I sometimes baffle bear as we talk about the food we remember from the seventies. He can't believe how things like garlic and chili were so unusual, at least for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. Seventies foodstuff and ways of eating seems completely alien to how eat now. We didn't use garlic and chili then but now most of my meals involve spices and garlic.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts