Tuesday 7th June

158/365: fuchsia Dark Eyes
 

The garden got a bit of a soaking yesterday and it looks like there's more to come today. I completed everything on my list yesterday but dithered about going out for my walk; it had stopped raining but there were black clouds overhead, so I walked indoors instead and then of course it didn't rain again and I could have gone out. 

I started adding things to my diary. I'm hopefully seeing J tomorrow (but definitely next week) and have arranged a Zoom catch up with L&P and another with H. I've found a couple of coach trips I'd like to go on in June - one to Brixham and one to Hampton Court Palace - but I still have to check whether there are still spaces. I've been to both places before so I won't be too disappointed if the trips are sold out, and I do have a Plan B if that turns out to be the case. I still have to contact Joy to arrange a playdate and the same with L, and I'll be making contact with them both today.

I've also had a bit of a think about adding in some regular social activities. The first one combines the need to increase my fitness levels so I have contacted a personal trainer who offers one-to-one sessions in her home gym. I'm waiting to hear from her about the date for the initial meeting. To be honest, this is more a thing I need to do rather than something I want to do, but I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on. I'm also considering the choir but can't decide whether I want to go back to the local one or find a daytime one instead, and I'm also looking for a scrabble/board game group ... I'll carry on with the search today.

The rest of the day is very much a repeat of yesterday with a bit of housework, Italian and piano practices, and shopping ... I forgot to buy a replacement connector for the hosepipe when I was out yesterday and I could do with a new pair of sandals so will be treating myself.

Comments

  1. Good for you. Things are really opening up again aren't they? The couch trips sound nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we seem to have taken another big step in the return to normality and things are definitely opening up again. I've used this coach company before and always enjoyed the trips so I'm hoping there are spaces - I'm leaving it until nearer the dates to see how things are as there is no longer a Covid guarantee of refund.xx

      Delete
  2. Your fuchsia is beautiful! We've had plenty of rain here too but the sun is shining today so hopefully that'll be it for the remainder of the week. Your plans sound really good and I hope there are spare seats on the coaches for the trips. Enjoy your day and you find the perfect pair of sandals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I've counted up the number of fuchsias in the garden and I somehow seem to have 10 though only four of them are hardy, the rest are annuals. I think it's safe to say I love them!

      I won't book a seat until nearer the date because there is no refund and I want to be sure I feel okay about going - local numbers are currently on the increase again.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your finding social activities. I live with people so I have social interactions, but I actually enjoy being alone. My Mum always said that was because I did live with other people - I needed a break from them. Probably true. I'm an introvert and find it really really difficult to meet up with new people. Hope the trainer works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I'm an introvert too and enjoy my own company. I'm quite happy to do most things on my own, but I actually feel it's good for me to mix socially as well so I try to keep some suitable things in the diary.

      I haven't heard back from the trainer yet but am keeping my fingers crossed that it works out.

      Delete
  4. My favourite Fushia colour combo. I like the idea of a personal fitness trainer, that way she/he can develop a program that fits your restrictions, such as troublesome knees, & keep an eye on you as you learn some new moves. Maybe the program you can do at home daily, with weekly or bi-weekly check ins to be sure you're still doing the exercises correctly, just like piano lessons, but this is the whole body. Lots of plans for some fun outings & social time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! That's exactly what I'm hoping for with the personal trainer and also that paying for the sessions will give me the incentive to get the most out of it.

      Delete
  5. How lovely planning some trips. I would like to go to Hampton Court Palace, it is on one of my lists of places I would like to visit. When I was about 8 my Mum and Dad took me to London for about 10 days and we saw the majority of the sight seeing places, but we ran out of time and missed seeing Hampton Court and Windsor Castle. Despite having visited London numerous times since I still haven't got around to visiting both of these. One day. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time I went to Hampton Court Palace was for their Garden Festival and we chose to arrive in the grounds by travelling down the river in one of the boat. I definitely recommend that if you do ever go to the palace.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers! I've just found out that the flower petals are edible, too, as well as the berries that Lyssa mentioned! You could have some really colorful salads in the days to come!
    My garden plants are envying your garden plants for the rain they've received. :)
    I hope the personal trainer works out well and the coach trips and other planned social activities will go well. I'm afraid I'm continuing to hibernate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try the petals and berries but I don't think it'll be a regular thing. The birds were attracted to the berries last year so, as I want to encourage birds in the garden, I will leave the majority for their enjoyment.

      Despite all the rain, I'm still having to keep the pots watered. They dry out really quickly but I suppose that's the down side of having a container garden!

      Our numbers are so much lower than yours and, even though there has been a slight increase in the last two weeks, it's not enough to cause me concern yet and I'm taking the plunge and getting back into the swing of things.

      Delete
  7. Travel planning is always a boost, isn't it. Stunning snapshot of that beautiful flower, with all my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the planning stage just as much as the actual event.

      Thanks, and I love the colour combo as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts