Saturday 18th June

169/365: fuchsias (in hanging basket)
 

I received yet another notification to say that my parcel would be delivered yesterday. There was no explanation given for the non-delivery on Thursday but I made sure I stayed at the front of the house (as I can't always hear the doorbell in the garden) and waited ... and waited ... and, you get the idea. Another no show by the carriers but late last night there was another notification confirming that the parcel had been delivered, so I'll phone the customer service department of the company I placed the order with when they open and report the non-delivery. The parcel is officially overdue now, according to their website, so I'm hopeful that I will get a sensible answer from them this time.

I missed most of the tennis yesterday. People wanted to talk to me yesterday starting with a long doorstep chat with my neighbour C and then with R (who did the fencing) who had asked to store some things for S in my garage. The 'things' turned out to be loads of beautiful blue ceramic pots, all second hand but in excellent condition, which will stay in my garage until S can make room for them in his. It was too hot (for me) to be outdoors and I felt completely drained and faint by the time I came back indoors so plonked myself on the sofa to recover and then the phone calls started ... L first, then J, then L again, and then cousin K. Chatty days are good days!

I don't have anything in the diary for today. We were promised a thunderstorm but the forecast seems to have changed and it should be another warm and sunny day so depending on what I hear about the missing parcel I'd like to go out and take some photos for the SPSH. I've thought of possibilities for three of the prompts within easy walking distance of home but if I do need to stay at home there are others I can take in the home as well as an assortment of 'leaf/leaves' photos for my monthly challenge. 

Comments

  1. Don't you hate it when things like that happen!!? I do hope they sort out the muddle promptly and politely. One day is one thing - two and a non arrival in spite of being told it's there is quite another.
    Maybe it will suddenly 'appear'.
    Your day sounds lovely - enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating and I've been notified that there are two more parcels on their way using the same carrier!

      Delete
  2. That is very frustrating about your parcel and a terrible service. Unfortunately when we place online orders we usually have no idea which carriers will be used and some quite frankly are useless. Definitely too hot outside yesterday and having nice chatty telephone conversations sounds lovely. I do hope your parcel turns up today so you can go out and take your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a terrible service. Even if they do manage to get to the house they will never give a time slot for delivery so, because they are so bad, it means waiting in in the hope they will arrive

      It's quite cool and overcast so far today which is a relief after yesterday but I will need some sun for decent photos ... there's no pleasing some people, is there? 😂

      Delete
  3. I hope the company from whom you ordered the plants will give you a discount for all the hassle of waiting for the missing delivery!
    Sounds like you had a lovely day, yesterday! How nice to have a chatty day. :)
    It is 72F at noon, here, today, and I am bundled up in a knit top, wool cardigan, scarf around my neck, and socks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sending me a replacement plant. The other one eventually turned up today along with the others I wasn't expecting until next week. The original one looked very sorry for itself but perked up after I watered it and I think it will be okay. The woman I spoke to was having a very bad day ... lots of complaints about missing deliveries, so I wasn't the only one who had problems. I'm happy with the extra plant as it it was expensive which is why I only bought one in the first place.

      72f is too hot for me. I wore a strappy top and thin cotton skirt and was still too hot. I don't know how you can wear all of those clothes in that temperature... I don't wear that much in the winter! 😂

      Delete
    2. It's a subcontinental thing. It was 31C (87.8F) here yesterday and Mum turned up with a fleecy thing over her blouse, which stayed on all evening. The rest of us were burning up! My sister's friend says that his mum's the same. (That said, 22C too hot? That is around my most comfortable temperature!)
      Glad that plant finally turned up, and that you are getting another, regardless of whether the first rallies or not. You were entitled to some sort of concession after all the waiting and chasing. Since it seems you aren't alone, let's hope the nursery changes their courier company, or at the very least gives them some stern feedback.

      Delete
    3. Glad you are getting a replacement plant, as well as the original! Sounds like it worked out well, after all.

      Delete
    4. I think you Mum and Bless would get on well ... the rest of us will just bake!

      I was pleased with the offer of a replacement plant. I think it's the best they can do in the circumstances and it looks like the original plant will survive so I've ended up with an extra plant for a few days delay.

      Delete
  4. Lovely fuchsias! Sorry that it was hot that it made you feel ill. Supposed to be quite hot here for the next week or so. 30+ in the day and 20 at night. Not my kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts