Weekly Reflections

163/365: clematis 
 

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • enjoying the Queen's Jubilee Pageant (on TV)
  • spending a brilliant afternoon with L ... lots of laughter
  • adding some more dates to the diary
  • catching up with (some of) the housework ... the house is looking much better and my mood has lightened as a result
  • treating myself to a bunch of deep pink peonies
  • finding the details for some affordable short breaks in September ... I just have to choose whether I want to go to Northumberland, the Yorkshire Dales or Devon
  • enjoying the garden ... it's looking so good
  • appreciating the warmer weather and being able to have the French doors open

I am grateful ...
  • for all the people who brighten my life
  • for the nutrition advice I'm picking up every week ... little by little it is making a big difference to how I feel
  • for all the opportunities for lifelong learning

Lifestyle changes
  • daily walk. Achieved on 6 days  
  • daily knee strengthening. Achieved 

Comments

  1. Having a more organised environment is great as a pick-me-up, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely week with plans being put in place and enjoying your home and garden, all sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about feeling lighter when everything is getting done in the house. As I am decluttering each time things go to the charity shop I feel as if I have more clarity.
    If I had a chance for a break I would choose Northumberland, I have a list of things I want to do in that area that could last at least 2 weeks. For example Holy Island, Lindisfarne Castle, Farne Island etc. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Northumberland holiday is winning at the moment. It's a guided holiday with trips to Lindisfarne, Alnwick Castle, Hadrian's Wall and Chester Fort which are all on my list of places I want to visit. I have been to Lindisfarne but we ran out of time to visit Alnwick, which is the main attraction of this holiday for me. The Farne Islands are definitely worth a visit and is one for me to repeat if I can at some stage as we didn't go at the right time to see puffins.

      Delete
  4. Another lovely week filled with wonderful things to be cheerful and grateful. :) I won't repeat myself and say how much I enjoy reading these posts! :D
    I like your plans for an upcoming holiday! I am looking forward to seeing any photos you might share as you visit all these lovely sounding places! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Don't worry, I will definitely be sharing photos whatever I end up doing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts