Monday 13th June

164/365: Erysimum Bowles Mauve
 

After a lovely weekend I'm back to working my way through the list of things that need to be done around the house. There's a bit more to do to complete the deep clean of the kitchen, which I'm hoping to finish today, and for the rest of the week I will continue to address some more of the things I have been tolerating. I'll have to go shopping before I can carry on with any of that though ... on the list to buy for this week's tasks are a couple of new toilet seats, picture hangers for plasterboard walls, a storage bag/box big enough to store the winter duvet, a replacement dustpan to keep in the garage, and a plate rack for the kitchen. I also want to have a look to see what else I need to do to complete the decluttering ... it's nearly finished!

I'm hoping to hear from the personal trainer this week. I'm keen to get that organised and know what my commitment is for the day and session time so I can carry on and join a couple of other social groups. The PT will take priority but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will be looking at a session time on either a Thursday or a Friday as that will leave me free to join the choir and the scrabble group, both of which take place at the start of the week.

Comments

  1. Beautiful flowers, Eileen. Sounds like you are off to a busy and productive week! I had a headache, today, so I took it easy, but, hopefully, I can get my housework done during the week so I can take a "staycation" the following week when my daughter comes home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. There was a change of plan so I could watch the tennis on TV so it hasn't been productive at all!

      How lovely that your daughter will be back with you soon. A staycation is a brilliant idea.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful photograph!
    Fingers crossed that she can offer you the time that works best for your other plans. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. She didn't phone today so I may contact her tomorrow ... I want to get on and get some of my ideas started before I lose my enthusiasm. xx

      Delete
  3. That's quite a shopping list and you have a busy week planned. I hope you can arrange a time with the personal trainer to fit in with your other plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposed to be a busy week but I'll be watching the tennis instead, so I won't get much else done! I'm still waiting for the trainer to phone me but am keeping my fingers crossed that we can find a mutually agreeable time.

      Delete
  4. We store our winter duvet in a huge laundry bag, it zips close and has handles to help move it around. Your flower photos as always is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant idea ... I've ordered a couple of them (one for the duvet and one for spare blankets). Thanks re the photo.

      Delete
  5. Erysimum Bowles Mauve is such a pretty flower; I am not familiar with this flower. I wonder if those storage bags I've seen advertised that flatten down quite a bit once you "suck" the air out of the bag ... in the commercial I saw, they use a vacuum cleaner hose attached to the bag's "nozzle" would be a good solution for your duvet. Anyway it was/is an interesting concept for storing clothing, bedding & towels. Fingers crossed for a Thursday/Friday time slot with the PT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I bought the Erysimum Bowles Mauve last year it was advertised as the longest flowering variety, so I'm hoping for great things from it.

      I've used those storage bags before and didn't get on well with them. I don't know if I was unlucky in the make I bought but they didn't stay flat for long and were generally frustrating to use. I've ordered two extra large laundry bags as suggested by Marlene (see previous comment).

      I'm still waiting to hear from the PT so please keep your fingers crossed that it works out well!

      Delete
  6. The petals are beautifully veined. Your photo captures the details that I would otherwise have missed. Thank you. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got wonderful plans and I'm sending you all good vibes. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. Good vibes heading in my direction are always appreciated x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts