Friday 10th June

161/365: pink geranium

M was supposed to be here today but we've rescheduled as I didn't see any suitable plants at the garden centres yesterday so there's only a bit of deadheading to do which I can easily do that myself. We've left it that I will contact her when I have the plants. I've ordered them online so am keeping my fingers crossed that they all arrive promptly.

In a moment of madness I made a start on deep cleaning the kitchen yesterday afternoon. I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea but anyway, I started by cleaning out the fridge which didn't take too long and which lulled me into carrying on to defrost the freezer. This took a lot longer as I had to decant the contents into the garage freezer, then wait for a few hours for it to defrost and refreeze, and then trail back and forth from the garage to the kitchen to refill it once it had reached the correct temperature. It turned into a real chore and it was late in the day by the time I'd finished. I'm carrying on with it this morning and will look at cleaning the small appliances (definitely) and changing the filter in the extractor (maybe).

L is coming round this afternoon for a chat. She's just become a great-aunt for the first time so there will be lots of baby photographs to look at and we'll be deciding on our plans for the next couple of months so there should be additional dates to add to the diary, which'll be good.

One of the things I still haven't managed to sort out is an Italian conversation group so I was pleased to see an advert for one-to-one lessons with a native Italian speaker who is based in Corsham, about 10 miles away, but who is continuing to deliver lessons via Zoom. It's not quite what I want but it is a good second best and I will contact her once I have sorted out the exercise sessions with the personal trainer and I know what my commitments will be both financially and the session times. 

Comments

  1. Oh yes defrosting freezers is a big and messy job, frost-free freezers are the way to go if you ever need to replace them. Aww looking at baby photographs and making plans sounds a nice afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is supposed to be frost free but it gets to the stage where the top drawer won't slide all the way in and it gets difficult to close the door. It's never really iced up but emptying it out and switching it off to defrost resolves the problem I don't need to do it too often, thankfully.

      I'm looking forward to seeing all the baby photos this afternoon x

      Delete
  2. Your pink geraniums are very pretty. :)
    Deep cleaning the kitchen! That's always fun! :D
    Have a lovely visit with L. Hopefully, the Italian conversation classes will work out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour of these geraniums and will look at getting some for the wooden planters when I get round to planting them up.

      Deep cleaning in the kitchen is very satisfying, much more so than in any other room. I should finish it on Monday or Tuesday.

      I had a brilliant time with L, thanks. I now have three options for the Italian so it's a case of deciding which will suit me the best.

      Delete
  3. Deep cleaning the kitchen is, for me, a sign that I'm sorting things out on loads of different levels. It sounds like you are setting wonderful things in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel I'm gradually moving towards the next stage of life even though I'm not really sure yet what that next stage is. It's a good feeling though.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty pink in your geranium. It's the reliability of bloom of geraniums all summer long that make them a favourite in my patio planters. Deep cleaning the frig & freezer are quite the undertaking, so some treat bonus for you is surely in the plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour of these geraniums and am thinking about including some in the wooden planters.

      No treats until hopefully next Saturday, by which time I will have finished the kitchen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts