Thursday 9th June

160/365: a splash of yellow for today's photo!
 

Yesterday was a good day in terms of topping up the contentment levels. It didn't all go according to plan - I didn't meet with J - but I really enjoyed the things I did and didn't want the day to end.

The nutrition club tour of eating places in London introduced some new-to-me places to eat, both for when I next visit London and also locally as quite a few of them have restaurants in Bath (12 miles away) and Bristol (30 miles away). 

My piano lesson was fun. I made a reasonable attempt at two of the pieces but the third piece sounded more like Eric Morecombe's style ... all of the right notes but not necessarily in the right order! This is my best piece but it was like I was playing it for the first time and I ended up with the giggles! C has the patience of a saint and despite the car crash that was the third piece, gave some positive feedback. I have specific things to practice in each piece for next week but she feels the pieces are close to being ready.

I rescheduled meeting with J to next week so spent the first part of the afternoon shopping and the later part sitting in the garden reading. I still haven't found any sandals so will either need to go to Bath where there are more choices for shoe shopping or order online. Neither option is ideal - Bath will be packed with tourists at this time of year, and online isn't that easy when shopping for shoes as my feet are different sizes and I usually end up having to return everything. 

There's nothing in the diary for today so I may take another look around the garden centres. I still need three more plants for the pots, two more for the borders and one extra climber so will see what I can get. In addition to those I also want to try some Japanese Blood Grass - I love the plant but am not sure how good the red grasses will look among all the pinks and purples so want to buy a couple of plants to try it out. 

Comments

  1. That must be really awkward finding shoes if you have different size feet. I've been buying mine from Hotter as I find they are comfortable and they do half sizes and different widths so ideal for me. I hope you find the right plants for your pots, I've not heard of Japanese blood grass before, it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoe buying has always been a nightmare! I like Hotter shoes and they used to be sold in one of the nearby department stores but they no longer stock them. Ideally I need to try shoes on first so I don't really like the hassle of buying online.

      I had no luck with the plants locally so have ordered them online. I love Japanese Blood Grass but you have to buy the right variety otherwise it can be a bit of a thug in the garden!

      Delete
  2. Dear Eric Morecambe. I still giggle when I think of that one.
    I remember I was doing a phonics lesson with my class and I said to one little chap 'That's a really good try - you've got all the right letters, just not quite in the right order' and then caught my TAs eye.
    Fortunately, they were a good class and waited in rather bemused patience for their teacher and TA to recover from their fit of the giggles! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow flowers provide a nice, cheerful spot of color, don't they? I like the looks of that Japanese Blood Grass! I hope you find it works well in your garden.
    Sorry you couldn't get together with your friend; hopefully, you'll still meet later on. Shopping for the correct foodwear is a bit of a challenge these days, isn't it? Hope you find the sandals you want in time for summer.
    Enjoy your day, looking around the garden centers for the plants you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the yellow flowers do add cheerful spots of colour. I've ordered some of the blood grass so I'll soon know!

      I'm meeting with J next week so it's not too long to wait. I haven't had any luck with the sandals so will psych myself up for a trip to Bath and hope I have more luck there.

      I didn't see anything I wanted at the garden centre so have ordered everything online.

      Delete
  4. I have 2 plants of Japanese blood grass, they are slow growing, but do add impact to a pot, both mine are grown in pots. Hope you find what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to grow mine in pots as well. I've given up shopping locally - couldn't find anything I wanted - so have ordered online.

      Delete
  5. I like the lemon yellow of the dahlia. Sometimes our Plan Bs turn out to be the best. I have Japanese Blood Grass in the garden, mine is staying rather small & gets lost among the ferns; I need to transplant. Not sure if you can get but have you thought about Purple Fountain Grass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like purple fountain grass but it is too big for the space I have for the grasses unfortunately. I'll be growing the blood grass in pots so hopefully they will do well.

      Delete
  6. The sketch with Andrew Preview is one of my favourites ever! Good look with the shoes. It must be such a nuisance. Fingers crossed that you find something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me laugh whenever I see that sketch.

      No luck with the shoes so far but I'm not giving up!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts