113/365: T is for ... the TARDIS Biscuit Barrel



So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.

Click here to see the list of blogs participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.

 
I really do need to learn how to photograph shiny objects properly. It is clean, honestly!
 
I've seen every episode of Doctor Who since the very first one and so had Ced. When it was relaunched in 2005 it was an unmissable part of our Saturday night TV, especially when David Tennant played the title role (that was me, I don't think he felt the same way about the 10th Doctor!). 
 
I arrived home one day to find Ced grinning all over his face and this TARDIS biscuit barrel sitting on the coffee table.  He'd always wanted one but had never had the spare cash before, but his circumstances had changed and he could afford it so he'd treated himself.  As a biscuit barrel it's useless (it isn't airtight, so I store clarinet reeds in it!) but as a memory of that grin ... it's priceless.

Comments

  1. I must admit, I've never seen Dr. Who :) But I love this biscuit barrel; how cute. Honestly, it doesn't look "dirty" to me in any way. It is hard sometimes to get a picture of things; using the right lighting is always hard for me.

    This I think would make a great conversation starter for people who come to visit, especially if they aren't familiar with the Dr. Who show!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now what I want to know is can it store more clarinet reeds than it looks like it should be able to i.e. is it bigger on the inside than the outside???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, a Tardis of any kind is definitely something to keep! (Yes, I'm a fan, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts