97/365: F is for ... the Flower Paintings


So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.

Click here to see the list of blogs participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.


I bought these paintings fifteen years ago on a trip to the Ideal Home Exhibition.  They were one of my more successful purchases from there - the stallholders in 'gadget alley' used to see my friends and myself coming and we'd always come away with a gadget or two that 'we couldn't do without', but which never worked quite as well once we'd got it home so eventually was relegated to the back of the cupboard!
 
I digress! The paintings are in the dining room and provide bright splashes of colour against the white walls and I'm keeping them for the simple reason that I like them.   Oh, and because of the writing on the back of them, something Ced did on the back of most of the picture we've owned. 
 
I can actually remember him writing on these; we were in the kitchen in the house I owned at the time (three houses ago).  I'd just moved in and we were debating where all the pictures should go.  I'd made a coffee and was sat on the worktop and he was sat on the floor with all the picture around him.  Just an ordinary moment really but a happy memory none the less.  

Comments

  1. What a lovely memory to go with two lovely paintings. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat for Ced to have welcomed the pictures home like that! Great idea too to remember when you got them. They are bright and cheery ones too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts