117/365: W is for ... the Winnie the Pooh Biscuit Barrel


So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.
 
Click here to see the list of blogs participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.
 
 
I fell in love with this when I saw it on a stall at a Toy, Train & Collectors Fair we went to about 2000.  I can't remember the exact price but do remember that we both thought it was overpriced as lots of things are at these places, and much as I wanted it, I couldn't afford it.  I love Winnie the Pooh; I was brought up on the stories and at that time had quite of lot of Winnie the Pooh collectibles and this would have had pride of place in my collection.
 
I half heartedly tried to persuade Ced to buy it for me but wasn't having much luck.  As we went to move on, the stall holder called out to Ced and said "If you love her, you'd buy it for her", to which we both laughed and carried on.  At the end of the afternoon I needed to find the Ladies, so we agreed to meet back at the car.  I got there ages before Ced and was beginning to think he'd got lost, but he eventually turned up.  I was sat in the passenger seat reading a book when he got in the drivers side and placed a parcel in my lap ...  looked at me ... and said "what the man said".  I looked at him and must have looked a bit puzzled because he said "well, open it then", so I did.  And there it was ... and I cried. Happy tears of course!

Comments

  1. Eileen you bring tears to my eyes with the story. A very clever salesman though! I am sure it was money well spent and I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful story - and a beautiful gesture by him. I love Winnie the Pooh too - my favourite is Piglit tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Maggie - tears filled my eyes too. Winnie the Pooh has always had a very special place in our family's hearts as well - my husband's side of the family have all had nicknames from the stories - he is Eeyore (and he totally is) and I've ended up as Rabbit (can't see any resemblances there - me bossy!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute story and I love the biscut barrel. Who can resist Winnie the Pooh!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special memory - lucky, lucky you.
    Now the question is: is this one airtight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I used to keep wrapped lollies in it for the children but for now it is empty.

      Delete
  6. Oh that is lovely, I have swelled up now! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts