101/365: J is for ... Jack's Glasses


So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.
 
Click here to see the list of blogs participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.
 

Not a great photo - you can see me in the reflection! This is one of a set of six glasses given to my Mum years ago by my brother, Jack.  Mum adored them and always referred to them as Jack's glasses!  These have been used at so many family events, both happy and sad; engagements, marriages, graduations, funerals, new babies, Christmas meals and birthdays.  You name the celebration, and these are the glasses we used for the toast.  I can't imagine not having them. 

Comments

  1. Its beautiful! I can imagine elegant when all together toasting from them!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the richness of the colours reflected in the golden goblet. And the stem looks as if it might have been hand-made?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts