119/365: Y is for ... the Yellow Crockery


So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.
 
Click here to see the list of blogs participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.
 

These bowls and mugs were in all the shops at the time, probably about 15 or 16 years ago. Julie's girls gave these to Ced for his birthday that year and they organised a special birthday tea for him with sandwiches and cakes and party games!

The bowl and mug have been well used over the years and I still use them regularly now, even though they don't exactly match my white dinner service! The best memory is of coming home from clay pigeon shooting on a freezing cold winter day to a pot of slow cooked stew served up in these ... I'd have the mug and Ced would have the bowl ... as we thawed out in front of the woodburner.   

Comments

  1. Oh they are lovely, can't help but smile at them. Lovely memories as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute and colorful! I can imagine they hold a lot of stew or soup or whatever you would want to put in them :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw these are really cute - I can totally see why you'd want to keep them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts