102/365: the Teddy Bear

So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.
 
 
I didn't have a teddy bear when I was small.  We had rag dolls, which I can sort of remember, but they sadly disappeared years and years ago.  I've always felt a little envious of people who still owned and loved their childhood teddies and I can remember expressing this opinion once, just commenting on something on the TV.

Fast forward to November that year and my birthday, and the present from my niece was this teddy bear.  She'd remembered that conversation and bought Ted for me because, everyone needs a bear to love and cuddle.

Comments

  1. Amen to that! And very handsome he is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a few Teddys growing up and they always had a place on my pillow on my bed and in my heart.

    Just stopping by from the A to Z Blog Challenge list...enjoy the rest of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! how lovely, the bear and the story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a gorgeous Teddy Bear Eileen, what's not to love about him!!
    I am also trying to declutter and I have boxes of toys that belonged to my children when they were small. Sadly these seem of more sentimental value to me than them..... they did take their teddies though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet of your niece to have remembered! What a cute Teddy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen, know I also had no Teddy bears! Gave me an idea to offer myself a one of these days and put any and put on my favorite nook)). Yours is beautiful! Hugs. Ailime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts