94/365: D is for ... the Dog Ornaments


So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.

Click here to see the list of blogs participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.


I gave these to Ced for his birthday some years ago now.  I like them, though would probably never have chosen them for myself, but he absolutely adored them. So why am  I keeping them?
 
They are a reminder of the 1980s and 90s when the majority of our spare time was spent clay pigeon shooting, one of the many things I've done in my life that I know for sure I wouldn't have done if I hadn't met him. He was brilliant at it (typical!) and I was just sort of okay (!) but I loved the challenge, the atmosphere at the shoots, the people we met and the friends we made.  When I look at these, my mind is instantly filled with happy thoughts of Ced, looking as I remember him best - they are one of those triggers of happy times, if you know what I mean. 

Comments

  1. I can see why they are special to you from the memories they bring back. They are interesting; not sure I've seen anything like them before :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes perfect sense - I wouldn't get rid of them either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter, Eilllen!
    Thnans for your tendress!
    Hugs!
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tenderness, excuse me;))!
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great theme! I'm struggling with some 'decluttering' myself right now. I like how you've chosen to focus on and cherish these special items. I had to go back and catch up. I love the ballerina story. And the painted glasses too. What special memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts