120/365: Z is for ... the Zebra Cushion


So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.
 
Click here to see the list of blogs participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.
 
 
This was a Christmas present from Julie's daughters way back in 2003 or 2004, I can't remember the exact year, but it was for the conservatory at my then home.  I know the girls chose it because we'd recently been to London to see the Lion King and they thought it would remind us of that show.  This zebra cushion was for Ced and the girls named it Zeb.  I was given a giraffe cushion which they named Gerry.   The girls were right ... the cushions are a nice reminder of seeing the show and also of a lovely weekend together in London.

Comments

  1. It is so cute!! Had fun looking at your posts through the challenge; looking forward to reading what you post in the future

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting via Betty's blog for the last day of the challenge. I do love your zebra. Remember taking the children to see the Lion King in London when it first came out. An unforgettable performance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the A to Z blogging challenge!
    Don’t forget about the A to Z Reflections post coming up in May.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww it's so cute - well worth keeping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to tell you, Eileen how much your Challenge blog posts have made my heart sing this month - yes there has been the odd tear as well but that is what life is all about. I am so pleased to have made your acquaintance through this year's A to Z and know I will be back to discover more throughout the coming year :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a handsome fellow! And still looks good though he's been around over 10 years. I'd say Zed was a keeper! He's a conversation started.
    ~ We made it!!! ~
    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts