100/365: I is for ... the Isle of Wight Glass Bottle


So far this year my decluttering efforts have been focused on the things I want to get rid of.  All very necessary as there is so much that needs to go, but this month I'm having a bit of a change and will be looking at the special items I want to keep.
 
Click here to see the list of blogs participating in the 2015 A to Z Challenge.


This is my only piece of Isle of Wight glass and I hope to have some more one day.  It's not very big, only about 4 inches high, but I think it's beautiful. 
 
We bought it at an antiques and craft fair, where I just saw it and fell in love with it.  The only problem was that we didn't have our cheque cards with us as we'd set a budget and had already spent some of our money, so it didn't look like I could have it.  We pooled our cash but it still wasn't enough, so Ced did one of his famous bargaining talks, got the price slashed (and I do mean slashed) and we bought it, then hurried off before the stallholder realised what had happened!  Then we went hungry for the rest of the day out because we didn't have a penny left for food.  It was worth it though!

Comments

  1. Wonderful item and i love the story that goes with it! Starving for Art - always worth it! Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique. I hadn't seen anything like this before. Glad you got it at such a bargain too.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be predictable (saying "that's lovely" every time!) but ... that's lovely. And don't you appreciate it all the more for the effort it took to secure it? Never heard of Isle of Wight glass but hope to be making a flying visit there soon so will keep my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts