Saturday

I know I promised a post about mindful eating today but after yesterday, I am all behind and need to let some things go for now. I will get it done as soon as I can.

Yesterday started off badly with a call from my sister to let me know our eldest brother had been rushed to hospital. No other details! The fact that she phoned before 7 am made it seem all the more serious, but it turned out that the timing of the call had everything to do with the fact that she was up early because they have builders working at their new home and nothing at all to do with the seriousness of our brother's condition! We found out later, thanks to some investigation by our other brother, that he was okay and was home again but it shook me up.

Things improved after that. I had a long chat with my sister and by the end of that conversation had arranged for her to make two blankets for me - a crocheted one using the cream wool I bought last year, and the Joy blanket which I love and will have to buy the wool for. 

I was also contacted, via the messaging function in Ancestry, by someone who thought we may be related. I recognised his name straight away from my family tree research as the son of a cousin I'd last seen when I was about 15 and she was about 10. We're both working on the same part of our family tree so, to cut a long story short, have agreed to share information and resources and see if we can find the breakthrough we desperately need. 

By the end of a day filled with texting back and forth I'd also heard from his mum and his aunt, and we'll all be meeting up via WhatsApp video next week. It's really rather special to hear from them as we don't know this side of the family very well at all (it's my Dad's side) and I don't want to miss this opportunity. 

I heard from M (the gardener) and we've agreed that she'll start back in two weeks which fits in well with the scheduled delivery date for the four plants I ordered. It also gives me plenty of time to decide what else I want to do/buy, and to ask my nephews to move some of the heavier pots to their new position.

Today will be a quiet day. I didn't sleep well, all down to stressing about my brother, so I am tired. A walk in the sunshine and a day of reading, TV, and piano playing will set me right. 

Comments

  1. I'm so glad your brother is OK and back home again. It's exciting to be contacted by relatives on the Ancestry site and you can help each other with your family trees and to have a meetup online is fantastic. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good news all round. Such a relief about my brother, and exciting to have the opportunity to get to know that side of my family. Hope you have a good weekend too x

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that your brother is doing well and home again. That must have been quite a scare! I hope you have a nice, relaxed day, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a scare but all seems to be well again, so a relief all round.

      Hope you have a good weekend x

      Delete
  3. So glad your brother is OK but what a nasty shock for you.
    It is a nice blanket, isn't it. I like it very much and it sits over the back of my sofa at the moment. What colours are you going for?
    Good luck with the research with your cousin - that's such a lovely thing to happen.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It was a shock and a reminder of just how important family are.

      The blanket will go in my living room so shades of pink, a splash of blue and brown/stone as the neutral colours, to pick up the colours in the curtains. I haven't started looking at wools and colours yet as she's started on the cream one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts