Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with friends and family
  • being contacted by a cousin who I vaguely remember from childhood and through him, making contact with other family members. He wants to share family tree information which is and exciting prospect
  • hearing the fantastic news that my brother, who was blue-lighted to hospital, is back at home and is okay
  • my sister agreeing to knit or crochet a couple of blankets for me 
  • being gifted a lot of gardening tokens and enjoying some online browsing to see how to spend them ... no decisions made yet!
  • time spent in the garden, generally tidying up and moving things around
  • loving the splashes of colour from the spring bulbs
  • regaining that feeling of contentment 
  • finally receiving the missing parcel!

I am grateful ...
  • for the NHS and the care given to my brother
  • for central heating
  • for this opportunity to slow down the pace of life and reconnect with people

Lifestyle Changes
  • Exercise (30 mins minimum every day): achieved - I haven't completed the 10,000 steps every day but have done at least 30 minutes every day
  • Weight: 1 lb loss

Comments

  1. Wonderful reasons to be cheerful and I agree our NHS staff are truly marvellous. I'm glad you finally received your missing parcel and I'm intrigued to know what had happened to it. Well done on more weight loss, you are doing very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delivered to a house on the other side of the village, left behind a playhouse. The child found it yesterday and her Dad brought it round.

      I lost the plot yesterday with the eating so will have to be careful for the next few days if I want to lose any weight this week! It's strange how some days are easy and some days are such a struggle. I still haven't worked out how to find the middle ground yet.

      Delete
  2. My goodness what a weekend you are having good and bad. I'm really glad there are so many good bits. Well done on the weight loss and the exercise, it's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The important things in my life are the people and with people come the highs and lows. Thankfully this is balanced by all the other little things that make each day better when I remember to look for them.

      The weight loss and exercise takes all my brain power at present ... it's tiring!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that is good that your brother is back home and doing well. And a lost parcel turning up always is a reason to smile. I myself am trying to locate one that I believe was delivered after the item was on backorder a very long time. I just don't know what I did with it. I almost think I just dreamed getting it, as it returned to my mind over and over again during the weeks I was waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a relief about my brother and the parcel turning up thankfully means an end to that particular bit of hassle.

      Good luck in finding your own missing parcel.

      Delete
  4. Well done keeping up with your exercise I did do an afternoon of gardening yesterday so consider that my exercise. Good news about your brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Gardening is good all round exercise so well done. Yes, great news for my brother.

      Delete
  5. Lots of good reasons to be cheerful about! So glad that your brother is doing well; I am sure the increased eating this week was related to the stress of him being rushed to the hospital! Glad your parcel was finally delivered to you and well done on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're probably right about the reason behind the extra eating. Now we know it's all okay I should be able to get it back under control and keep my fingers crossed that the weight loss continues.

      I'm relieved to get my parcel (stainless steel measuring cups and spoons) ... better late than never!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts