Tuesday 4 - Houses

This week's Tuesday 4 questions are all to do with houses. 

1. In what part of the country is your current home located? North, South, East, West, Mid West, coastal, rural, city, mountains or plains? I live in Wiltshire, a county in the South West of England.

2. Why did you choose your present home, and how long have you lived there? I'd just resumed teaching when I bought this property so was looking for a home where I could have a separate teaching space if I needed it for private tuition. This was shortly after the death of my partner who I'd cared for for the last five years of his life and I wasn't sure how I'd manage financially so I also wanted somewhere with room for a lodger if it was necessary. I've lived here since August 2013 and fortunately have never needed to have a lodger but the private tuition space, doubling as my music room, has been well used!
 
3. What do you like the most about your present home? Everything really. It's three bedroomed, semi detached, not overlooked, and is in a quiet cul-de-sac. The majority of neighbours are friendly and helpful. 
 
4. If money were no object, is there anything you would change about your present home, or would you keep it just the way it is? I've invested money in home improvements so the house is just as I want it. The same with the garden but that's still a work in progress. The only thing I'd change would be to have a bigger front garden; there is only a narrow strip of garden, about 2 feet deep, separating the front of the house from the pavement so it sometimes feels that passersby are too close. That's a minor niggle though and I love everything else about the place ... it's a happy place.

Many thanks to Annie for organising this link up.

Comments

  1. Your home is a lovely place, Eileen. I love how you considered several possibilities (private tutoring, taking in a lodger, etc.) when you bought your home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I think I'm just a lucky person, so even though I planned for a way to provide some income it was never necessary. As soon as I contacted the schools they all invited me back and word soon got out to parents about private lessons, so within a couple of months I had absolutely no financial concerns and didn't need to go down the lodger route.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you made your house into your ideal home and happy place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is my happy place. Thankfully I finished all the house improvements before our first lockdown last March.

      Delete
  3. Your house must feel the love you have put into it to become your home. I like that you have shared over the years the transformation of both inside & the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told by others that this house has a good vibe, which is lovely to hear. I'm glad you have enjoyed seeing the transformation, although there is still some way to go with the garden.

      Delete
  4. Your home sounds lovely and what a blessing to be satisfied and content in your space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky. I found the ideal spot to live a contented life.

      Delete
  5. Your home sounds perfect! I am glad you have not needed to have a lodger. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have hated having a lodger so I am relieved it wasn't necessary.

      Hope you have a nice week too.

      Delete
  6. I once had a little home with walk way just feet from the door and my bathroom faced that walk way too, especially the shower. It would never have done to open that window in the shower but, sometimes I really did long to be able to do that! Thank you for joining in!! I love reading everyone's answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the en-suite which looks out over the back garden and fortunately isn't overlooked at all so no risk of scaring the neighbours 😂

      Delete
  7. sounds like a great home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have found a place that's so right for me.

      Delete
  8. A front garden sounds perfect!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the privacy of my back garden. Currently the front garden is too small to do much with.

      I hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  9. It sounds like a lovely place. It's nice to be able to choose and then realize how well you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I landed on my feet with this move, especially considering the state I was in when I chose it.

      Delete
  10. You sound like you have a lovely place to live. This past year, spending more time at home, has got us thinking about where we would actually like to live. We are dreaming and starting to think about making plans. I don't mind my house, I like it actually, but I just wish it was away from people a little more lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually feel that the past year, although imposed, is the first time I have really 'lived' in this house since I bought it. Up till the pandemic most of my efforts has been on developing a social life and being out of the home.

      It's interesting that you wish you were away from people a little more. Wouldn't the isolation get to you in the end?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts