Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chats with friends and family
  • the news that my youngest nephew, his wife and Baby R have moved in to their new home
  • making a start on my new eating plan 
  • getting out for walks in the sunshine
  • indulging in an Indian takeaway (not part of the plan, but still enjoyable)
  • receiving a Wayleave payment (£150) from the Electricity Company
  • hearing that more and more family and friends have received their first Covid vaccinations
  • being one week closer to the first stage in the easing of lockdown
  • receiving my DNA kit - one of the things I treated myself to recently and which, if the company claims are correct, will provide much more detailed information about my health traits and family origins and ethnicity
  • answering over half the questions on Only Connect, including solving one of the connection walls!
  • making good progress with the family tree research
  • a message from P and L telling me to expect a parcel ... I've no idea what it is

I am grateful ...
  • for all the kindness shown on the anniversary of Ced's passing
  • the gift of a pedal exerciser from J, to see if it helps me
  • for the signs that spring is on the way

Lifestyle Changes
  • Exercise (30 mins minimum every day): achieved 
  • Weight: no change (I was expecting to gain, so this result is a relief!)

Comments

  1. Nice list! I can't wait until I'm added to the vaccinated list. My sisters and their husbands have all got their first jabs. My MIL, FIL, Great Aunt-in-Law, Husband and Son have all got both of theirs. I keep hoping things will start looking up but there seems a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know which age group they've got to in your area? I hope you don't have to wait too long.

      Delete
  2. Lots of good things on your list, this week. :) I took a look at the pedal exerciser, but, I'll wait until I see how you like yours before buying one! Glad you didn't gain any weight! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only had one go with it so far and didn't have any problems once I worked out how to stop it slipping forward as I moved. I read a book while I pedalled!

      I was fully expecting to have gained so was shocked when I hopped on the scales. Maybe the daily walking is helping.

      Delete
  3. That's a good list. You'll find the DNA results fascinating, is it Ancestry kit? I made contact with two second cousins, one in New Zealand and one in Canada, second cousins I didn't know I had. Good news that your weight has remained unchanged so no worries there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the Ancestry one done a few years ago. This is the CIS kit, rated at No1 in the USA, which is where I think my paternal family originates from. The hope is that it will pick up other possible connections who haven't chosen the Ancestry route. This one also, supposedly, gives a health history.

      Using the Ancestry results I traced and linked my tree with over 20 cousins I didn't know about, one of whom I went to school with!

      Delete
  4. I am seriously impressed with your only connect performance. If I can get more than a couple, I'm chuffed. I usually get a few lines of the Wall too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did check when the programme was over because I wondered if it was a repeat but apparently not. I don't usually do anywhere near as good as that!

      Delete
  5. Well done on Only Connect! My claim to fame is getting the connection between "howl" "laurel" "coastal feature" and "red/brown horse". I got it after the first two. Neither team got it, so I felt especially smug! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the answer 'Bay'? I only got it with the fourth clue though. You have every right to feel smug getting it after the first two! 👏👏👏

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you had a great week on which to reflect back upon. We managed walks a couple of days, and are looking forward to the weather being more consistently warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good week thanks. It's good you were able to get out for some walks. I'm hoping to do the same this week although sadly the forecast shows heavy rain from Wednesday for a few days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts