This Week

It's not quite as busy this week but there's still plenty going on to fill my days:

Social: there's no choir practice tonight so instead I will be video calling/chatting with the cousins who recently contacted me. I am so looking forward to this.

At some time during the week I will also speak with J and with L. The Covid restrictions permit meeting in groups of 6 maximum but I don't plan to take advantage of that until I have had my second vaccination. J won't want to anyway as she is isolating in preparation for the birth of her first grandchild in a few weeks. 


Online Classes and Talks

Monday: the diabetes prevention course

Wednesday: the nutrition club where the discussion will be about improving our relationship with food 

Thursday: Indian Cooking 

Friday: the nutrition focus class which is all about protein in a healthy diet 


Exercise:

Walking: aiming to complete 10,000 steps every day. To date I've been achieving this by walking indoors but with the promise of good weather and the end of the stay at home order, I'm hoping to get out and about.

Online Exercise Classes: for now I have given up on the idea to do a couple of exercise classes in addition to the walking. The walking is more than enough for now and anything else can wait until I feel ready - I'm in danger of trying to do too much too soon and that can only lead to failure!


Home and Garden

Home: I plan to phone the auction house to arrange for a date to take all the decluttered items over to them. Once that's all gone I can get started on sorting out the music room, which is where it's all been stored for the past year ... no more squeezing through to get to the piano! I doubt I will get an appointment this week but at least I should have a date to work towards.

In the garden I have listed all the plants I'd like to add for the summer colour and will be ordering some of the ones that are destined to be container grown. I'm also hoping to persuade my nephews to move the heavier pots and help sort out the hosepipe situation.


Food: The food delivery arrived on Saturday as scheduled. There were no substitutions this time so now I have some food prep and bulk cooking to do, starting today with a couple of curries, chilli, and lentil & vegetable soup. 


and finally, Having Fun:

Reading: currently reading 'Winter's Mourn' by Mary Stone, and listening to 'Klara and the Sun' by Kazuo Ishiguro on BBC Sounds 

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice 

Piano: I'm still working on Pachelbel's Canon in D Major!

Family Tree: I'm working on my paternal family, updating the more recent generations from information provided by my cousins

Comments

  1. Plenty there to keep you occupied. Updating your family tree with new information and chatting with your cousins sounds exciting. Do you know when you'll be having your second jab? I have my second jab booked for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My second jab is booked for May 6th, so a while to go yet.

      I'm hoping that there will be information in family papers (they have my grandmother's papers) that will help break through to the previous generation.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a pretty busy week to me. I need to revisit my list this a.m. and prioritize it a bit. Laziness last week will cause me a bit of stress this week. I hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do better if I have plenty of ideas of how I can occupy my time. I'm retired and live alone, so have the entire days to fill to stop me getting bored.

      My main priority is getting a date to take the items over to the auction house. As long as I achieve that I will be happy!

      Delete
  3. You have a good blend of fun & informative things planned for the week. I am in between books again & no gardening plans for the week, snow! So we have started phase 2 of the declutter - mugs & cups! I swear they breed like rabbits in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be seriously fed up with the snow by now so you have my sympathy. We're promised a few days of sunshine so I am aiming to get out in the fresh air every day, with in the garden or to go for a walk.

      Yes, mugs and cups definitely breed! 😉

      Delete
  4. You stay much busier than I do. I'm excited about your gardening plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a butterfly brain and get bored easily! I'm seeing the gardener on the 9th so will post an update after that date.

      Delete
  5. Hi Eilen,
    As always your days are well thought out and planned.
    I do a daily walk, but I don't take that many steps!
    Where I live I don't come across almost anyone!
    I wish that everything goes for the best.
    Hugs and thanks for your visit.
    Good health.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ailime, I'll find it easier to complete my daily steps target now we have the warmer weather and lighter evenings. I always find it much easier to be active in the lighter months. At least you do some daily steps - that had to be better than doing nothing. The important thing is to stay safe, so take care xx

      Delete
  6. Hooray for the end of decluttering, and here's hoping for a breakthrough on the ancestry front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get the results I'm hoping for with both things.

      Delete
  7. I like your planned activities for the week, Eileen. Glad you are having some nice weather in which to be outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, it was a lovely day today and should be the same tomorrow. I'm lucky to have plenty to look forward to.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts