This Week ...

I have another full week to look forward to:

Social: it's the end of term choir (online) concert tonight where we're singing through the 12 songs we've been working on since January plus 5 additional singalongs, which I think will be songs from previous terms. 

I've arranged WhatsApp video calls with J and with L, and I hope to catch up with my sister as well. 


Online Classes and Talks: each one lasts between 45 minutes and 1 hour so although it looks like a lot, it all slots in nicely with my usual daily activities:

Tuesday: two online talks - 'Sentenced to Beyond the Seas' about the transportation of women, and 'Curiosities of London' 

Wednesday: the nutrition club where the discussion will be about mindful eating 

Thursday: Indian Cooking 

Friday: the nutrition focus class which is all about protein in a healthy diet 


Exercise: I'm back to normal after the migraine so will resume daily exercising:

Walking: 10,000 steps minimum every day. Most of this will be achieved by walking indoors while listening to an audiobook, although I'd like to get out for some walking if it's not too cold.

Online Exercise Classes: I've signed up for a couple of online classes (free!) to start working on flexibility, balance, stretching, and strengthening. On Wednesday it's a class just called 'Workout' that concentrates on the lower body and on Saturday it's a mobility class that concentrates on the upper body. I may just watch this week to see what is involved and assess whether I think they are right for me - resuming the walking will probably be enough to be going on with.


Home and Garden: Well I definitely need to do some housework so I will make a start on that this morning - it's surprising how quickly it gets messy when I have a migraine and don't have the energy to clear up after myself. 

In the garden the pots are in their new places but I'm not sure that I like the new arrangement so will try something else. 


Food: The next supermarket delivery is due on Saturday so before then I want to check the order and make sure I haven't missed anything. I also want to have a look at meal plan: I don't intend to make any further changes to it this month but want to see if there is anything I have all the ingredients for so I can get some of the bulk cooking done ahead of time. 


and finally, Filling The Gaps with:

Reading: currently reading 'The Foundling' by Stacey Halls, and listening to 'Hiding Out' by Gerard Stembridge on BBC Sounds 

Italian: 15 - 20 minutes daily practice 

Piano: I will be starting on a new piece this week, a simple (!) version of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major 

Family Tree: I'm working on my maternal grandfather's line. I have the direct ancestors sorted out so am now expanding each generation and looking for all the black sheep in the family! 

I don't think I will be bored this week!

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have a very nicely balanced full week to look forward to! Lots of interesting and fun activities, starting with the choir concert! I hope you have a good start to your week, today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good day thanks, and I've got lots done in the house and the garden. Choir was fun ... it's always good to get to the stage where we can just sing through all the songs, although Zoom played up tonight so the screen and sound kept freezing.

      Delete
  2. You have lots to look forward to and I'm glad you are feeling well after that migraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, yes I have lots to enjoy this week. I'm especially looking forward to the talks tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. It sounds a brilliant week's fun. Have a great time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It's a nice balance of activities to keep me out of mischief! xx

      Delete
  4. A very full week planned with some fun activities planned. End of term for choir already!?! Time is flying. I like Pachelbel's Canon in D Major, makes me wish I could play piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the UK schools break for Easter soon and then we are in to the summer term. Time is definitely flying very quickly!

      It makes me wish I could play the piano as well ... it's going to take a lot of practice 🤣

      Delete
  5. No time to be bored based on that schedule. My only plan for the week is to be outside more - warmer temps and sunnier days are in store. But I won't get anywhere near 10,000 steps a day - you should be quite proud of that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 10,000 steps take about 2 hours but I do them in 1,000 step chunks, so about 10 -15 minutes every hour which isn't too bad. Yes I am pleased that I achieved my goal - I just have to continue doing it now!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better and admire your 10,000 steps. Your mention of Indian cooking recently inspired me to try Tikka Masala, and that went well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. At the moment, the steps suit me as the way to achieve the bulk of my daily exercise.

      I'm glad you liked the tikka masala. I love Indian food and have just sorted out some more recipes to try.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts