Me on Monday

Me on Monday is ...

... looking forward to a week full of online activities:

  • three talks: Am I Descended From A Viking; Folklore, Folk Tales and Funny Folk; The London No-one Tells You About.
  • two nutrition related clubs 
  • one Indian cookery demo 
  • one choir practice - we're getting ready for our end of term (online) concert

... continuing to monitor my daily life to assess how my days are split between active and sedentary time. The results been more promising than I was expecting over the weekend with active time accounting for a much higher percentage than I'd thought it would be.

... eagerly checking the garden every day as the bulbs are starting to bloom - daffodils, snowdrops, and hyacinths so far, but plenty of greenery poking through as the alliums and tulips get ready to follow on.

... wondering whether I will be lucky enough to get a ticket to visit the closest National Trust garden. 

... hoping to get some outdoor time every day this week.

... searching online for some bigger garden containers and trying to decide whether I want any hanging baskets this year. I'm hoping to see M next week so once I have spoken to her I'll do a garden update post.

I hope you all have a great week xx

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have a good week with several interesting activities scheduled! Those online talks sound interesting, especially the last one! Glad to hear that the garden is starting to wake up and flower! How exciting! Looking forward to seeing your garden pictures. I hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't plan to be quite so busy with online stuff, it's just the way it's worked out. I am looking forward to the talks though.

      A couple more days and then I hope to get out and take some photos. There should be enough in full bloom by then.

      I hope you have a good day too. xx

      Delete
  2. The talks sound really interesting especially the Am I Descended From A Viking. I just checked my DNA origins and I am 7% Swedish :) Sounds like you have a good week to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my DNA results I am only 2% Norwegian so any Viking blood is well and truly in the dim and very distant past 😊

      Delete
  3. It looks as though you have a really full week ahead. I used to love mooching around back streets in London when I worked there. The London No One Tells You About sounds right up my street! When I go to car boot sales I'm always on the look out for large containers I can reuse as large planters in the garden as shop bought ones are so pricey. Roll on car boot sales again.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the old parts of London. Hopefully next year I will be able to get back there again.

      I don't usually go the car boot sales any more but it is an option I hadn't considered. I think the first one around here opens up at the end of April.

      Delete
  4. Those upcoming talks do sound very interesting as do the rest of your planned week's activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, all the online talks I've listened to have been excellent so I am sure these will be up to the same standards.

      It's a fairly busy week but I seem to have more energy now we have some sunshine, so all is good 😀

      Delete
  5. It is nice to have online events in which to participate isn't it. I attended a crafty one yesterday and it really lifted my spirits. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and the different forms of online entertainment is taking over from just watching TV. I'm hoping the variety on offer continues long after lockdown has finished.

      I haven't done any practical ones yet - your cafty one sounds like fun.

      Delete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    Your projects are magnificent for this week.
    I hope you can do it all;)) !!
    Hugs,
    Ailime.
    (Regarding the challenge, I have registered your invitation, which I thank, but it is very difficult for me to complete all the photographs. I do not have much time available).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I should be able to tick off everything on the list.

      Re. the photos, the offer still stands if you ever change your mind xx

      Delete
  7. Those sound like fascinating talks. I bought a jar of Tikka Masala yesterday and look forward to trying it. I miss the buffet at the Indian restaurant :( It's great that you already have blooms in your garden. You've planned it well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss eating out but it's going to be a while until I feel safe doing it again even though it won't be too long until the restaurants are allowed to reopen.

      The garden will look okay when the bulbs flower but then it's going to be a bit patchy. We hope to focus on that this year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts