Tuesday

The choir concert was good fun though rather chaotic. M's screen was frozen through a good part of it and she had to log out and log back, after which we had two versions of her ... so, interesting! Last night marked one whole year of online practices and as the choir had met every single week we have been given next Monday off as a treat. The following week we start on the summer term's repertoire, starting with a Disney medley, Is This The Way To Amarillo, and one other but I can't remember the title. 

I got a good chunk of the housework done yesterday so today will be two or three loads of washing and a good tidy round in the kitchen and dining room. I spent a bit of time in the garden yesterday and will do some more if I have time today. I've timed it wrong as the garden waste bin is emptied today but never mind. J and R will be round this morning to start transferring the items I've been storing for them so hopefully there'll be time for a quick distanced chat.

This afternoon it's the two online talks, both of which I'm looking forward to. The London one is by a different speaker, not the one I don't particularly like so I am optimistic for an enjoyable hour learning about the curiosities of the city. The other one is about the sentencing and transportation of women which fits in nicely with my family tree research.

I don't have any plans for the evening except that I do need to get my act together and sort out a few bits of online shopping - replacement SD card for my camera, more seals for the Kilner jars, and maybe some (more) sheet music. 

I am expecting a parcel so have to wait in until that arrives but would like to give the car a drive out today and pick up some veg if it arrives early enough. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday.I hope your London talk is interesting and enjoyable and the other talk sounds good too. A whole year of online choir practice, who'd have thought it would go on for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't feel I was rushing around but did get plenty done so it was good to feel productive.

      We're keeping our fingers crossed that in-person sessions will be able to resume again, hopefully in September, although the talk of a possible third wave leaves that in some doubt.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that the choir concert was fun, if a bit chaotic. Glad you have a week off before the summer session starts. Sounds like you have another nice day planned. Enjoy the online talks. The one about the sentencing and transportation of women sounds very interesting. I had read about the Rajah Quilt that a group of women convicts had pieced while on one of the convict transports to Australia and Tasmania.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of the Rajah Quilt so will Google that later on ... thanks for the info. I'm interested in the whole transportation subject as my Australian penfriend's is descended from a convict.

      Delete
  3. Now I've got those headphones, I'm going to explore that link you gave me a bit more . . .
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link is for the Goldster classes, all to do with healthy ageing. I find the talks online, through Facebook Events, or the ones today are organised by Murthy. Hope you find something of interest.

      Delete
  4. Where ever do you find all these interesting online talks! The one about women convicts & transport would certainly be tales of horror which will probably be shocking for such minor crimes that women were sentenced for. I spent a lot of time in the garden yesterday, taking in as much as possible before snow on Friday :(

    Hopefully your parcel arrives early & you can go for a little outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my response to Joy (above) about where I find the talks. I forgot to mention that some of the genealogy ones are organised by Ancestry.

      I discovered that one of my ancestors was sentenced to transportation for larceny but the sentenced was changed to imprisonment in the UK instead. I think he was one of the lucky ones.

      I hope you enjoy the fresh air while you can and am hoping that the expected snowfall doesn't hang about for long.

      It's midday and no sign of the post yet. The talks start soon so I doubt I will get further than the garden today!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts