Tuesday 4

This week the Tuesday 4 theme is all about books and TV programs you enjoy. Many thanks to Annie for organising this.

1. Are you enjoying a book right now and would you tell us about it? I've just started 'Winter's Mourn' by Mary Stone which is a psychological thriller. I haven't read this genre for ages but used to read it all the time, so it'll be interesting to see how I get on with it. I've recently started listening to audiobooks when walking and am currently nearing the end of 'Klara and the Sun' by Kazuo Ishiguro, a dystopian novel which I am really enjoying.

2. Do you have a list of books you are looking forward to reading in the near future? Oh yes! My to-be-read list is massive so this is just a selection of books that are waiting patiently in the bookcase:

3. What's on television (or YouTube, etc.) at your house? I go through stages of watching TV and then have long periods where I don't watch anything at all. I watched the recent series of Dancing on Ice and The Great Pottery Throwdown but they've both finished for now. I do enjoy game shows and quizzes like Only Connect, University Challenge, A Question of Sport, QI, and Richard Osman's House of Games but usually only watch them if I have nothing else to do rather than making them priority viewing. As for YouTube, I listen to some of Dr John Campbell's coronavirus updates, and use some of the cooking and exercise videos.

4.What series have you followed religiously and why? (can be TV or book series) Top of the list is definitely the Harry Potter series of books and films but off the top of my head I can't think of anything else. I have favourite authors that I read as and when they release new books but these aren't necessarily series; included in this list are Jodi Picoult, J K Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith, Lee Child and Val McDermid.

Comments

  1. T the moment I have gone right back to girlhood and am reading through the Anne books by LM Montgomery. I dearly love them.
    And yes - Harry potter, for sure. The whole Potterverse, in fact, including the Fantastic Beasts films.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Anne books were part of my childhood too. Enjoy visiting those stories again.

      Harry Potter ... love everything about it.

      Delete
  2. Re-reading books is like re-visiting with friends. I see you have Diana Settlefield's Once Upon A River; for my top re-read book, it would be her first novel, The Thirteenth Tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is something very special about finding a novel that you can re-read without spoiling your enjoyment of the story.

      I have The Thirteenth Take on my list of books to read but it's always out on loan at the library.

      Delete
  3. Loved reading your answers! Happy TuesdaY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a couple of Dr. Campbell's Corona virus videos on You Tube. I've never read any Harry Potter. I don't have cable any longer so what I watch is usually streaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way Dr Campbell explains all the science side of things. I don't have cable and just stick to the Freeview channels.

      I have got so much enjoyment from the Harry Potter series but I can understand that it's not for everyone.

      Delete
  5. I have heard many people talk about the Ishiguro book. I need to put it on my soon to be read list!
    I was one of those people who went with my son to the bookstore at midnight for the Harry Potter release. We would come home and I would read all night until I had read the book so he could start on it the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Ishiguro's writing style and for me, they are always stories that I engage with from page 1.

      I was one of those people too. I took my friend's children and it was such a magical time ... wonderful memories!

      Delete
  6. Psychological Thrillers are my favorite to read. I wrote down the one you mentioned. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first book in the series and I think there are nine book in total. I hope you enjoy it if you do read it.

      Delete
  7. Interesting questions, and I found your answers interesting, too. I enjoy re-reading books. Your TBR list looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I counted the unread books in my bookcase - over 100 of them, plus I have all the 99p bargains on my Kindle. I need to get reading!

      The Tuesday 4 questions are always interesting to answer and I'm pleased that you enjoyed reading my responses.

      Delete
  8. your book list sounds wonderful I am the same as you, I will watch for a while then nothing for a long time! Thanks so much for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to prefer films rather than TV series but, to be honest, I always find something else to do and mostly forget about the TV.

      Delete
  9. Fun questions and answers! :) I'm glad to know that I am not the only one with a shelf full of unread books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blaming my sister for all the books. She's reading too fast and I can't keep up with her!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts