Thursday

It's another day at home for me. I am now expecting three parcels - two promised for today and the one which failed to arrive on Tuesday. Indulgent online shopping for kitchen things is fun but waiting for the deliveries ... not so much! 

Yesterday was the Nutrition Club but I'll write about that on Saturday. This week it was all about mindful eating, a subject I am very interested in, and Claudia shared plenty of useful information and tips. Straight after was the Workout! session which I wanted to watch to see if it would be of interest as the exercises focused on lower body strength and flexibility. I did watch it but I'm not sure if I want to include it in my list of options for the future, partly because it started straight after the nutrition club without a break and also an element of concern about whether my knee would stand up to all the exercises even though there was the option to remain seated to take part. I've marked it as a 'maybe' for now.

On to today and I will be concentrating on the garden, with a break in the middle to watch the Indian cooking demo. First thing I want to do is the rest of the tidying up on the patio and then I can settle down with the laptop and all the plant catalogues and come up with a list of likes, ready to discuss with M. I now have a much healthier budget following an extremely generous gift of gardening vouchers from J and R so I can do more this year than I thought I'd be able to. To start with I want to decide on the plants and speak to M, and then I'll try to buy them locally to support local businesses. It sounds like I'm being organised and thinking things through properly but I've already accidentally (on purpose) ordered four plants, completely forgetting the 'discuss it with the gardener' part! When I have a clearer picture of what I want I'll do another garden update post.

Comments

  1. Waiting in and watching out for deliveries is not much fun I agree. It looks like a nice day to be outside in the garden and I hope you make some good choices of plants. I found that didn’t quite work for me at our local garden centre as I couldn’t find what I’d chosen online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm half expecting that to be the case with the shrubs and flowers but I hope to at least get the vegetable choices locally, and maybe the extra pots.

      Delete
  2. The waiting on deliveries can be a bit of a nuisance now that nicer weather & some restrictions being lifted. I have found that many of the deliveries are no longer giving expected delivery dates. I am checking daily the local greenhouse's webpage for the page of ordering to be available. I want to ensure I get first pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of the parcels have arrived but still no sign of the other one yet. These two came by courier so I received notification of approximate delivery time but the other one was sent via Royal Mail and their deliveries are taking ages at the moment.

      Good luck with getting your order placed!

      Delete
  3. Hello Eileen,
    I don't have a garden, but I think that it is one of de hobbies more healthy for us.
    I wish you a good continuation around your garden.
    (I love all the flowers, mas I admire magnolias. Here they are already in flower).
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden gives me a lot of pleasure and it's definitely helped as a safe outdoor place during the last year.

      I love magnolias too ... they are beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Hope you've received your third package by now. A day spent in the garden sounds lovely. Looking forward to seeing more garden pictures as your spring garden starts to flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such luck. It looks like it's been delivered to the wrong address - they're investigating and will get back to me.

      There'll be more photos, I promise xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts