Celebrating Spring

I spent some time in the garden yesterday, not doing anything useful, just enjoying the fresh air, the splashes of colour and the promise of more to come.

daffodils

buds on the magnolia

one of the alliums starting to flower (I think)

summer snowflake

hyacinth, not the colour I was expecting but still very pretty

pieris

euonymus - so relieved to see lots of buds because I thought this one had died last year!

Reading a recent post over on Bless' blog has prompted me to create my own list of simple pleasures I want to enjoy during the spring months ...

  • have coffee, or even breakfast if it's warm enough, on the patio
  • have fun in the kitchen and cook at least three new recipes
  • enjoy a trip to the theatre ... online
  • plant up the patio pots
  • arrange another family history presentation with my family
  • watch the kingfisher in BoA and hopefully photograph it
  • complete a photo walk
  • enjoy fish and chips at the seaside
The last four are dependent on how safe it feels as and when lockdown restrictions are lifted but I will definitely be able to enjoy the others.

Comments

  1. Such beautiful photos. I'm sure you will fulfill all of your simple pleasures soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I used to do these lists regularly and I think it's something I will start doing again - it's good to have some simple things to look forward to.

      Delete
  2. That is a really beautiful daffodil! And I like the color of the hyacinth, too. Thank you for the shout out! I really like your list of spring joys, especially the last one of enjoying fish and chips at the seaside! I hope you will be able to do all the activities you have listed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I didn't get to the coast at all last year and it's number one on the list when the ban on travelling outside our local area is lifted.

      Thanks for prompting me to do one of these lists again.

      Delete
  3. You do have some marvelous floral photos - all the lovely things you planted last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. There's plenty of spring colour ... still lots to come. Next is to sort out the summer colour!

      Delete
  4. So much lovely color already. It makes me feel like spring just looking at them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is bursting into life. There's still a lot more due to flower and then I need to plan the summer colour and the pots.

      Delete
  5. Love the pieris flowers. I don't think I have one any more, and seeing this, I miss it. Also like the hyacinths. Mine are just starting, indoors and out.
    Very excited at the prospect of seeing your kingfisher photos! I too want to photograph one, and I know sort-of where I might find one, but feel as if I need some more definite pointers as to where to stake out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BoA kingfisher is usually by the town bridge and there's often a heron there as well. I've been told there are otters a short walk down river so there may be lots of trips until I manage to get the photos I want. Good luck with yours.

      My pieris is pot grown and not too happy so needs to be sorted out. I hope it survives a move as it's a bit temperamental!

      Delete
  6. Hello Eileen,
    Your garden flowers are so beatiful! My congratulations!
    I have loved all of them!
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful to see spring arriving. Beautiful photos! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts