Tuesday 4 - Travel

This week's Tuesday 4 is all about Travel...



1. How far have you gone from home and where did you go? Most of my travelling has been in Europe. I think the farthest trip to one place, rather than touring, was to Austria which is roughly 890 miles away from my home in England.

2. Do you think the hassle of travel is worth the trouble? If I'm going on holiday or to visit family or friends, then yes I do think it's worth the effort. Travel for work purposes, which I had to do regularly when I worked in the Civil Service, was a complete hassle and I didn't enjoy it one bit. 

3. Are there places you would like to visit or have plans for visiting? There are loads of places I'd like to visit but, with the current worldwide situation and whatever lies in the future, I don't know when that will be possible. During this last lockdown I have been planning/dreaming about a series of trips within the UK but realistically, I don't know when that will be possible or when I will feel at ease about it once it is permitted.

4. What trip was the best you've ever had? Probably one of the many spur of the moment trips to London. My late partner knew all the secret places that tourists don't get to see and we spent many happy times in the city, all unplanned and not knowing where we'd be sleeping but always finding somewhere, just roaming round and exploring. 

Many thanks to Annie for organising this.

Comments

  1. It's such a shame travel plans are on hold until it's safe to do so, let's hope that's soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how ready I feel to do much traveling but it'll be great to be the occasional day trip.

      Delete
  2. I hope things will ease up this year so you can travel. I am getting my next vaccine this weekend and I am hoping to travel by the end of the year. I heard Austria is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I will travel abroad until they declare the end of the pandemic but I do hope to fit in the occasional day trip as soon as we are permitted.

      Delete
  3. Tom and I had such plans for travel when he retires but I worry now it will never be the same. We are planning lots of trips into London this year when hopefully it will still be quiet with few overseas tourists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same fears and wonder if I will be doing much overseas travel in the future. Yes, I also have a series of day trips planned.

      Delete
  4. It's hard to imagine when we'd feel safe to travel again, isn't it? Maybe later this year? Maybe next year? I think I've done all my travelling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as we get to the stage where travel in the UK feels safe, I will be happy. I can't see myself traveling overseas for ages.

      Delete
  5. I think many of us are dreaming of the days for the possibility of free movement within our own lands to go on adventures. International travel I think will be quite a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking International travel off the list - no point getting worked up about something I can't do. Fingers are crossed that it will soon feel safe to travel within the UK.

      Delete
  6. London sounds like a fun place to visit as well..... but traveling abroad isn't very easy anymore...sigh

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love London but wouldn't want to live there! My first trip, when permitted, will be to the coast.

      Delete
  7. One day I would love to travel to the UK. I hope I can make it there but these days it's hard to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful country and I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit if/when it happens.

      Delete
  8. Hi Eileen,
    Nice challenge!
    My travels, few, were also in Europe and Ceuta, North Africa.
    I had planned some more for Eupoa, but at the moment, only in dreams;)) !!
    Hugs and good week.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dream is to visit Italy. Where would you go?

      Delete
  9. love your answers today. Hopefully we can get back to "normal" before too long and our lives will go as they did before. hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think we'll be dealing with a new 'normal' but at least it should allow a better quality of life than we have under lockdown.

      Delete
  10. Austria! What a great vacation! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first skiing holiday, and great fun it was too.

      Delete
  11. Oh yes, travel is a hassle but really worth it to visit someone or somewhere special. An absolute CHORE for work though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated all the work related travel and am so glad that is in the past. I'm busy adding to my list of day trips and adventures, ready for whenever we are finally allowed outside of our local areas.

      Delete
  12. I had traveled so little when growing up (parents just couldn't afford it) that I really enjoyed traveling for business. I was lucky that most of the time I was not doing it alone, but with co-workers, and I know that makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like travelling for work as it was never in my contract but ended up being expected as it was considered easier for me as a single person to be away from home than it was for the married people. Management ignored the fact that I lived with my partner and had just as many responsibilities as my married colleagues 😠

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts