Wednesday 13th July

194/365: the white rose
(it's actually a pure white but looks more of a cream in this photo because I didn't correct the lighting)

I survived the PT yesterday, though I did feel I was melting at one point! Amy added in three new exercises, two of them focusing on knee strengthening and the other on upper body strength. I felt okay afterwards but I think it took more out of me than I realised as I fell asleep when I got home! This was the fourth session and I am seeing differences already. My clothes are feeling a little looser and Amy commented that she thought I was looking thinner. I'm not convinced that I have lost more weight but I will know when I weigh myself on Saturday. Movement in general is feeling easier, not completely pain free but definitely an improvement on what is was like.

The nutrition class is cancelled this morning as Claudia is away. It'll work out well as I'm pushed for time so will use that hour to catch up with some piano practice before my lesson starts at 11:15 am. Then G will be here mid afternoon to cut my hair. She just back from her holiday in Ibiza so I'll hear all about her adventures.

I'm packing up my treasures from the display part of the dresser today. I'll be ordering the IKEA cabinets on Friday, when J will be round to help me measure up ... my house has some odd shaped rooms and this is one of them, sort of an odd shaped pentagon! I've already worked out which units (I think) will fit so this is a double check, as well as making sure the door will be able to open properly. I was going to wait until the end of the month to order in the hope that I'd have a date when the plumber will be here but he's away on holiday so I may as well get on and sort out the dining room. I'm not sure how long IKEA will take to deliver but am hoping it'll be quick and that S will then be able to build and fit the cabinets without too much delay.

Comments

  1. Well done for surviving your personal training session in this heat. That's very encouraging that you are seeing the benefits already. I hope the units you like will fit your space and then be delivered and built quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily the room was lovely and cool so that helped. I'm really chuffed to be seeing a difference this quickly and it's given me the incentive to continue.

      I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my plans for the units work out!

      Delete
  2. One can 'muscle up' and get leaner without losing weight - it's more to do with muscle definition really and it sounds like you are doing great!
    < whisper > I sometimes have a shut-eye after my sessions with Lindsey.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's probably what's happening. I'm still enjoying it more that I thought I would.

      I'm glad I'm not alone in needing a nap! xx

      Delete
  3. You are amazing, getting all that done. The PT may well have tightened some stuff up, rather than lose weight, but it is absolutely awesome! Good luck getting everything in. I wish I could send bear over to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right and it's my muscles responding to regular exercise. I do one PT session + two unsupervised sessions at home + a 10 - 15 minute walk every day... that must make a difference after doing nothing.

      Bear would be such a help. I think I've worked out where everything can go and once I know about the IKEA delivery, I can get it all moved. Of course, I'm assuming the units I want are in stock ... I've no idea how long I will have to wait if they're not.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty rose. Glad to read that the PT sessions are bringing you not only better & more moveable health, but some joy. Fingers crossed (after the piano lesson) that you get your Ikea choices in stock with a quick delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The PT is one of those things I wish I'd started years ago. It's nothing like I imagined it would be and there are so many benefits to be gained from it.

      I kept my fingers uncrossed for the piano lesson 😂. I'll know on Friday whether they have stock of my chosen units in the correct colour.

      Delete
  5. Now we start to see the white rose! How amazing that it changes color like that!
    Well done with the PT and I'm so glad that you are starting to see and feel a difference! Hope the units you want are available and you will receive them quickly. I really like the sideboard unit I got from IKEA and have been considering getting another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this rose now. I was disappointed initially, but think it's beautiful.

      Thanks re the PT. I didn't expect to see a difference so soon but am happy that I can!

      I like IKEA's furniture and have some of their units already. I'll know the stock situatio when I place the order tomorrow so fingers crossed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts