Saturday 9th July

190/365: two of the dahlias have been squeezed in!

M found room for all the plants ... I knew she would! It needed a bit of musical chairs plants but space was found for everything. I've actually ended up with three spare pots so I could, in theory, buy some more plants but I'm not going to, not this year anyway. There's one more plant due but delivery has been delayed and once that arrives, it's time to sit back and let it all fill out. I was pleased to see buds on the two roses that aren't doing too well ... neither of them look too strong but both have some new growth so they've earned a reprieve for now.

I'm having a bit of a clearing day today. There's a load to go to the recycling yard, one box for the charity shop, and an assortment of things to drop of to friends. Once that's done it'll be easier to see what else is left to deal with. I know there's not much left to do so will make a start on it either today or tomorrow. I will advertise it all one last time and what doesn't sell will either go to charity or to the local auction house. The fact that I'm so close to starting on the dining room improvements has given me the push I need to get on with it ... the last of the decluttering is currently taking up space in the dining room and it has to be out of the way before the improvements can start. Of course, there's the Wimbledon finals to watch as well, so I don't know how much actually get done!

Comments

  1. Your garden is looking fabulous. You've done so well with your decluttering, sit back and enjoy the Wimbledon finals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I did a bit of pottering outside this morning but have taken your advice and watched Wimbledon since lunch time.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that looks simply stunning - what a beautiful space the two of you have created between you. Now it is time to enjoy it. Wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm loving it and it's a beautiful space to relax in. xx

      Delete
  3. You are having so much pleasure from the plants that every purchase is a win. Your garden looks amazing. Good luck with the clearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I haven't finished the clearing ... problems with the garage door but I did get some of it done.

      Delete
  4. Your garden is looking absolutely beautiful! You need to post lots of photos of it for me to enjoy because my garden is looking rather drab at the moment!
    Well done with all the clearing and decluttering! Enjoy watching the tennis and take it easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll post lots of photos for you, don't worry! I got some of the clearing done before I gave up and came back indoors. The tennis has been brilliant!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts