Tuesday 12th July

193/365: crocosmia, getting ready to flower 

We played two games of Scrabble yesterday and it was good fun ... a pleasant way to spend the afternoon chatting and getting to know a new friend. I won both games but A isn't holding that against me and we will arrange a rematch.

It's personal training this afternoon. I'm hoping it won't be too hot but it's only for 30 minutes so I'm sure I can cope for that long. Apart from that I am tackling the last of the decluttering. I have an incentive to get on with it now as I want to get the dining room done as soon as possible, so as well as the items that I have already sorted out I also need to sell the dining table and chairs (too big for the room) and the dresser (bought second hand as a temporary storage solution). I'll get those photographed and advertised today as the sooner they go, the better. The broken garage door has created a bit of a logistics problem as I won't be able to store any of the larger items, or the new IKEA units when they are delivered, in the garage so I will have to find room for everything in the house.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on winning your games of Scrabble. It's so hot isn't it, I'm finding it unbearable. I hope you can find someone to fix your garage door for you, such a nuisance yournot being able to use it. I hope you can sell your furniture quickly which will ease some of the storage problems in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It's was too hot for me yesterday but it seems to be a bit cooler today even though the forecast was for it to be hotter. I have found a company to replace the door but can't afford to get it done for a while, so I'll just have to manage somehow. If I can sell the furniture quickly it will make things so much easier, so fingers crossed ...

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you will cope too. Just take plenty of water and put some ice in just before you leave. It's great for cooling if you hold an ice cube against the pulse points - wrist and neck. Good luck with the decluttering and, hopefully, the dresser, table and chairs will sell quickly. Are you getting a smaller one to replace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's a bit cooler today so I think I'll be fine but thanks for the advice. The dresser will be replaced by the IKEA cabinets but I will be getting a new table and chairs. I'm waiting until the cabinets are installed to assess just how much space I will have before buying the replacements though.

      Delete
  3. Your dining room re-decorating project sounds well underway- that can be fun, a reward for all the hard work you have put into decluttering. I'm sure A the P.T. will be mindful of the heat for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that IKEA have stock of the 2 cabinets I want otherwise the project will grind to a halt!

      Thankfully it's not as hot as I was expecting so I should cope just fine.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you will have a few challenges, but I know that you can sort it out and it will be so much better when it's sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to sorting out the dining room. I have a really tiny kitchen and storage is an issue so these new units will make things so much easier.

      Delete
  5. I hope it wasn't too hot for your PT appointment, today. I also hope that IKEA has the units you want so you can proceed with the dining room remodel. The broken garage door sounds like a bit of a problem, but, hopefully, you can manage until you can get it fixed or replaced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the room was lovely and cool so the PT session was bearable with plenty of breaks to drink some water.

      The issue with the garage door means that I only have the space in the house to store thing but if I can get a speedy delivery of the units and if the weather stays dry, we'll be able to move stuff out to the patio so that S has space to work in the dining room. Lots of 'ifs', but it may work out 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts