Wednesday 28th July

208/365: fuchsias

Yesterday was a productive day and I'm pleased with what I achieved. The books have been returned to the bookcase and I've sorted out a pile to go to the library when I have time. I fitted in some piano practice, which has been neglected this week (and my lesson is today 🙄), and did a quick shop for fruit and veg. I was really surprised to see a lot of empty spaces on the shelves. I also arranged for a handyman to call in and sort out the problem with the toilet seat ... I'd struggled with it for an hour yesterday and then asked my nephew for help but Covid isn't playing nicely and he couldn't help this time. I didn't want to wait so called in the handyman and he sorted it in 20 minutes, though I was pleased to see that he also struggled to undo the fixing and resorted to cutting it off in the end!  Best of all, my personal training session went really well. Amy adapted the exercise plan and we focused on upper body with mostly seating exercises to save my knee. 

Today it's the nutrition club which I'll definitely attend as it's all about managing migraines. That's followed by my piano lesson and I am now kicking myself that I got distracted by the dining room and didn't practice properly ... I must do better next week.

The plan for the rest of the afternoon is to unpack and display my treasures, or make a start on it at least. It's mostly glass items which all need to be washed so that's going to slow it down a bit but I'm looking forward to being able to display them properly.

Comments

  1. At least you got the toilet seat sorted, it's annoying when small jobs aren't an easy fix. I hope your piano lesson goes well today, sorting your dining room was the priority so don't feel bad. I'm sure your treasures will look lovely when they're all clean and sparkling and back on display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a job I should have been able to do myself but I just couldn't remove one of the fixings on the old seat. Very frustrating but at least it is done now!

      At least I've managed to clear a path to the piano so today's lesson is at least possible. I'm sure C won't mind when she knows the reason for lack of practice ... hopefully 😊

      Delete
  2. The thing about personal training is that first word - it is personal. A good trainer (which both Lindsey and Amy are) will be quick to adapt and amend and to change direction if necessary. We're very lucky, aren't we?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are and I feel particularly lucky to have found Amy on my first attempt at looking for a trainer. She always texts the next morning to see how I feel and check whether there's any pain, so I feel it's a brilliant service all round. xx

      Delete
  3. Great that you got that toilet seat annoyance dealt with, another tick off on the list. Glad that you & Amy were able to modify the training session to take into account your knee - yeah for personal trainers doing it right! Good luck with the piano lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one more thing ticked off the list. 😊

      My piano lesson went surprisingly well so I've breathed a sigh of relief and am determined to practice properly before the next lesson!

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    Excellent that your day was productive. Your stuff is very well oriented and that's great.
    I wish everything goes as well as possible. Your house and garden are looking beautiful!
    I loved the flower.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. It's all coming together now and I am loving how everything is looking.

      Delete
  5. You had a very productive day, yesterday, and it sounds like things have gone well today, too. Glad to hear that the piano lessons went well, even if you didn't practice as much as you should have! :D Looking forward to seeing the new shelves once they have their items set out and displayed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good day thanks Bless, though not quite what I had planned.

      Delete
  6. There is always some little fix-it problem around the house isn't there. I am glad it was addressed, so you could concentrate of washing up your pretty glass things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts