Saturday 30th July

211/365: the venue for the Ladies That Lunch meal
(and also a possibility for SPSH Alt C: free choice)

It was the same group of people for the Ladies That Lunch meal and conversation just picked up very naturally from last time. There was supposed to be a fifth person but illness meant she had to cancel. The food was delicious. I had salmon and new potatoes served with peas a la Française, followed by apricots in filo pastry. The apricots should have been served with Chantilly cream but I passed on that. The other choices were chicken breast served with fennel, olives and garlic followed by chocolate fondant with salted caramel topping. I had a decaf coffee to finish.

Today I'm waiting in for another delivery from IKEA ... nothing too exciting, just another waste bin to match the existing one I use for recycling and a couple of artificial orchids. I haven't given much thought to doing anything else today so I suppose that means I won't do much! I'd like to finish reading my book and there will have to be some piano practice fitted in somewhere, but it has all the signs of being a lazy day!

Many thanks for the ideas for storing Tupperware and freezer boxes. I'm going to try stacking the boxes and keeping the lids in a basket and see how that goes. 

Comments

  1. What a lovely photo of the window at the lunch venue! Your lunch option sounded delicious and I'm glad the group of ladies you were with picked up right where you left off, last time! :) Sounds like you will be enjoying a nice, relaxed day. I fully approve! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunlight coming in the window along with the red geraniums was really pretty and I couldn't resist taking a photo.

      In a way it was nice that it was the same group of people but at the same time I would like to see the group grow. It was just as friendly as before, so that was good .... and the food was excellent.

      I'm glad you approve of my plans to do very little! ☺️

      Delete
    2. That looks a lovely place and the meal sounds delicious and I would have made the same choices as you although the chocolate fondant with salted caramel would have been tempting too, I have a sweet tooth. Enjoy your day of relaxation.

      Delete
    3. I was tempted by the chocolate fondant but the apricots won. All four of us chose exactly the same meal this time. The pub has a lovely atmosphere and the owners and staff are friendly and welcoming ... I'm going to try an evening meal there with J and an afternoon tea with L.

      Hope you have a good day too

      Delete
  2. The window looks lovely. I like the flowers outside, so bright and cheery. Hope the delivery arrived in a timely manner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The window drew comments from all of us. It looked so summery and inviting. Yes thanks, the delivery arrived during the morning.

      Delete
  3. That place looks lovely, and the food sounds fabulous. I admire you passing on the cream; I would never have that kind of willpower.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts