The July Garden

I'm joining with Bless and taking a set of photos showing how the garden looks on the 20th of every month.

This is the view from the living room. It was even more colourful before the heatwave when some of the plants were scorched. The clematis to the right of pink hanging basket is sulking and has dropped a lot of its flowers - that panel was full of burgundy blooms a few days ago.

203/365: the view from the living room


The next photo shows the view from the dining room. All four hanging baskets haven't escaped unscathed from the excessive heat but I think they should recover over the next few days. There's a lot of dead heading to do; I made a start on it yesterday and will ask M to finish it off today.



This next photo is of the area behind the garage. The three roses are doing well, even the pink one on the left which I though would have to be replaced. The red rose and the cream rose which you can just about see to the right hand corner are starting to meet and grow together, which was the plan.



and the next photo shows my favourite part of the garden this year, the view though the centre bed.



The final photo is taken from the spare bedroom and shows the entire garden, or at least as much as I can fit in a single photo.



The crocosmia Lucifer are starting to flower, as is the hibiscus and some of the gladioli. All the roses have more buds as do the fuchsias and the cosmos. It should be a colourful August!

M will be here later on. I'll ask her to finish off the dead heading, tie in some more of the new growth on the climbers and remove some of the salvia self seeded plants ... I'm keeping some but they are in danger of taking over! 

Comments

  1. Your garden is looking great even after the heatwave! So many flowers! The view through the center bed is gorgeous! I hope your clematis will recover from the shock and reward you with many more flowers! I think your August garden will look just as lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M is here dealing with the aftermath of the heat so it's looking tidier. I'm pleased with how it's all looking although we think it needs a few more deep purple plants to add a bit more contrast. The clematis has a couple of new buds this morning so it's starting to pick up again and the new potato vine has its first flowers.

      Delete
  2. Your garden is so colourful, most plants will have had issues with this weeks weather, but all but the weakest will return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have lost any plants but quite a few are looking a bit fried! There are dark clouds gathering so if we have the promised rain this afternoon, the garden will be very happy.

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks fabulous especially set against the new fencing. Such a great idea to photograph your garden on the 20th of every month. it must be so lovely to sit out in the sunshine and enjoy all the hard work and planning that has gone into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I liked Bless' collection of posts, all capturing her garden on the 20th and seeing how it changes from month to month so I asked her if she was okay with me doing the same.

      I'm sitting on the bench now, listening to the bees as I write this ... it doesn't feel like I am in the middle of a busy village!

      Delete
  4. Your garden looks gorgeous from every angle, with such an array of colour at every turn. I take photos of my garden all the time, my plants are like my children, almost better heaved the most (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really down to M but I am loving how it all looks. I have loads of photos of my babies!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts