Tuesday 19th July

200/365: the first of the gladioli to flower

In the end yesterday's high temperatures didn't bother me too much. I watered the garden very early before the sun moved round to the back of the house but that was the only time spent outdoors. I had the patios doors open for a while before the day started to heat up and once it did I closed the blinds and curtains and switched the fan on ... and, apart from necessities like food, drink, and toilet breaks, that's exactly where I stayed.

A phoned me to say her husband was ill and she couldn't go to the WI so I didn't feel bad about not going myself and letting her down. I emailed the secretary to apologise and explain our absences and will go to the next one instead.

I don't have a personal training session today as Amy is away, but that suits me just fine. Whatever needs to be done can wait and I'm having another quiet day at home. At some stage I will have to replace the table and chairs with something more suitable for the size of the room so will start looking online for ideas. I won't be buying anything until the new units are in place and the bookcase is back in the room so I can see what size table will fit in, but it'll be fun to look. 

Comments

  1. This is forecast to be the hottest day this week so a quiet day at home is the best plan. I checked our temperature yesterday afternoon 33c and 37c in London. I sat at the computer with the desk fan blowing directly onto me, I stopped it from swivelling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to local TV it reached 34°c in this area and today should be about the same. I think we're reduced to an amber warning now. My coping strategy involved staying in front of a fan and I will be doing the same again today. It feels hotter already today, which isn't good. How is Tilly coping?

      Delete
    2. Tilly is keeping cool in the house and seems to enjoy the cool air from the fan. I bought her some kiddies milky lollies and she loves them although she tried to run off with lolly stick first time :)

      Delete
    3. Glad she's coping okay, although I know you'll do everything possible to keep her comfortable. If the milky lollies are the ones I'm thinking of, Tilly is a very lucky little dog.

      Many thanks for the other info. I'll have a look into it later on. 😀

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you didn't find the heat to be too unbearable. I hope you won't find it too hot, today, either. Take it easy and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It's hotter already so am expecting another day of sitting in front of the fan! I watered the garden first thing so won't need to worry about that again today and will be able to take it easy now.

      Delete
  3. It reached 36.1C in the shade here. Phew. Right now it's 32.4 but it's dry heat, it doesn't feel humid, so that's a blessing. Take it easy and look after yourself. Definitely the weather for doing not-a-lot.
    By the way, I'll be posting a review of Simply Cook tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually feels more humid or maybe that's because the weather is affecting me more today and I can feel the start of a migraine bubbling away behind my eyes! I agree ... definitely the weather for doing not-a-lot, something I'm getting much better at but a little more practice won't do any harm 😂

      I'll look out for you review tomorrow. Thanks Joy xx

      Delete
  4. This weather is perfect for the dreaming, planning part of any project. Not sure if you have tried using Pinterest for ideas, but I find it a great source for ideas but warnings it can be a rabbit hole when time is devoured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found 3 possibilities so can't do much now until the room is finished. I may wait a while to see if the improvements change the way I use the room before I buy the table as that may affect my choice.

      I like Pinterest but it can definitely eat up the time!

      Delete
    2. Hi Eileen,
      Glad the high temperatures didn't bother you.
      You regulated your things very well and took precautions.
      Glad you had a nice day.
      Your gladiolus is beautiful! I love the color.
      Have a good week.
      Ailime

      Delete
    3. Thanks Ailime. I'm lucky enough to have a decent fan and that helped to keep me cool-ish. Is it hotter than usual where you are? I hope you have a good week too.

      Delete
  5. So glad that you had a quiet day. Crazy, crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. In the end it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. I hope we don't get too many repeats though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts