Saturday 16th July


197/365: not sure what this is ... it's in one of the hanging baskets

So, I double checked the measurements, placed the order, authorised the payment, resulting in delivery being confirmed for Sunday (tomorrow) with S able to assemble and fit the units next Saturday. It's worked out much better than I was expecting ... I'm putting that down to the positive vibes you sent me!  IKEA has always been reliable so all that could go wrong now, but it's unlikely that it will, is that their stock levels for my chosen colour are incorrect and they then can't supply until they restock. I suppose there is also a chance that the red weather warning may affect the delivery, but hopefully not.

It's now Operation Empty Dining Room. I've already moved some things into the music room and there's still room for more if I move the brass instruments upstairs, so that's today's job. I'll also empty the bookcase so that it's an easy job to move it out of the way next Saturday ... it can't be moved to its new position because a radiator needs to be repositioned before that can happen. That will just leave the bottom of the dresser to be emptied on Friday ... it's the saucepans and tinned goods so that can all go on the kitchen worktop and then be put straight back into one of the new units. I've already advertised the dresser, table and chairs but will also place an advert on the local Facebook page in the hope I can get a quick sale. It won't be a complete catastrophe if they don't sell before Saturday but it will make things so much easier if they do, especially now the garage space can't be utilised. We can always move them out to the patio to create enough space for S to work in if necessary.

It's all happened really quickly so I need to catch up with myself ... it's exciting though!

Comments

  1. You've planned for so long so it is great to see it all coming together. Fingers crossed for a speedy sale.
    I think the flower is a kind of geranium; Dad used to have them in his hanging baskets. It's very pretty.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to make such a difference when it's done with all the extra storage.

      Joy, the other Joy, agrees with you ... apparently it's a pelargonium. I think it's really pretty. xx

      Delete
  2. It's a pelagonium (geranium), very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the flower is a geranium - an ivy geranium, perhaps, going by the leaves in the background.
    Oh, wow, your units will be delivered on Sunday! That's fast! Hope the delivery goes smoothly and the new units will be assembled and put in place by next weekend! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless and you can have a star for recognising the plant. Joy says it's a pelargonium.

      They usually take up to three weeks to deliver so I was delighted to get this particular delivery slot. You have to pay extra for express delivery like this but I have somehow managed to get express delivery for the standard price. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad all those positive vibes reached you intact. Your units will be with you and assembled before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all come together really quickly. I managed to clear the dining room today except for the table and the dresser which will stay where they are until they are sold (hopefully) or until next Saturday when they'll have to stand out on the patio while S fixes the units. It's all very exciting.

      P.S. I have no idea where the table and dresser will go after Saturday if they don't sell. I'll tackle that little problem when I need to!

      Delete
  5. It sounds like the dining project is moving along quite rapidly, how fun! Add my positive wishes to all the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. All those positive wishes are definitely making a difference. Things are progressing much quicker than I expected, which is great but stressful in its own way. I'm staying focused on the end result which will be just perfect!

      Delete
  6. It sounds like the best kind of whirlwind! Sending all good vibes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Lyssa. It all worked out well and the room is now empty.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts