Thursday 7th July

188/365: the red rose is looking good after all the recent rain

Yesterday didn't quite work out as planned. I did the nutrition class (and saw Joy there ☺️) but my piano lesson was cancelled as C had a bad migraine. This is where I made the mistake. I should have gone out looking for clothes but my first thought was to use the lesson time to do some more of the admin. Big mistake ... it took absolutely ages, and several phone calls later I'm still not finished. The tax office is doing my head in! I thought it was all sorted out but apparently not. I've had enough and have submitted a formal complaint this time.

So, I didn't get out to look at any clothes but I did look online last night. I should be okay for colours as there seems to be plenty of choices in my preferred colour palette - pinks, reds, blues, greys and whites. The nearest M&S for clothing is in Bath which isn't too far away but will be packed with tourists at this time of year, so I have made a start by ordering a pair of their trousers and some undies online ... I'm standard sizing for their clothes so I know they will fit. I usually wear skirts now but definitely want to get back to wearing trousers, despite how fat I am, as they are more practical for lots of the things I want to do plus there's also the added comfort of wearing trainers etc. with them. I've made a start anyway. Today I'm looking for a couple of skirts. I may look online rather than visiting the stores as I think it'll be easier to come up with a list of ideas before buying. I'll leave the tops until I have decided on the skirts and trousers, but will look for ideas. I did look at sewing patterns and may have a go at making one of two tops, not that that's a particularly cheap option now but it does mean I'll get a good fit which is one of the problems with shop bought clothes when you are short like me.

I'm fast approaching the stage where I have dealt with all of the things that I have been tolerating around the house. I contacted M, my boiler man, to ask him to sort out the radiators and the external tap for the back garden and am waiting to hear back from him ... he must be on holiday! That's the last big job and the remaining smaller jobs will be sorted out today. I just need to buy two new toilet seats, a brighter light bulb for the music room, and a replacement door bell, all of which I can pick up from Wickes which is five minutes away ... I should have that all done and dusted by lunch time. I can then move on to the improvement I want to make. There's only one so far which is to sort out the dining room ... time to start planning! 😊

Comments

  1. I share your frustrations with the tax office, I have been trying since the start of the year to sort out a problem but I write instead of running up my phone bill hanging on for what seems like forever. Making a formal complaint may speed things up for you and I can't say I blame you.
    Ordering online with M&S is what I do too and returns are easy and they have gone paperless, I was puzzled at first when I found no invoice or returns label in the parcel.
    I hope your shopping trip goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frustratingly they keep making the same error. It's corrected when I speak to them and then the next time I check, it's messed up again. I don't really understand why it is going wrong.

      Thanks for pointing out that M&S is now paperless. That would have confused me when my parcel arrives.

      Thanks. I'm busy arranging my social life at the moment. Online shopping is this afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Poor C.. Migraines are so nasty. I hope she feels better soon.
    I've just ordered a few things from Cotton Traders - it's an online company and might be worth a look too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'd completely forgotten about Cotton Traders so will add them to the list. There are still some of their stores open in this area but will probably shop online because it's easier.

      Hopefully C is feeling better today. It isn't the best job to cope with when suffering from a migraine.

      Delete
  3. WOW your climbing rose is gifting you with many blooms-beautiful. Any government department, well at least this side of the pond, are exercises in frustration & annoyance. I'd next add in credit card companies! Hopefully it gets seen to fast & permanently corrected this time. Have fun with shopping. Our major tolerance still looms large & I cannot get the contractor to return calls - Grrrr. Glad you Tolerances List is coming to an end - what a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red rose is doing really and the cream one next to it filling up with buds. It's lovely to see if all coming together.

      I'm hoping that a formal complaint will sort out the tax problem once and for all, but they are a notoriously difficult department to deal with.

      I haven't started the shopping yet. I've got side tracked by Boris' resignation, so will started browsing the clothes online later on.

      It is definitely a good feeling to be so close to resolving all the tolerance issues!

      Delete
  4. I do a lot of shopping online, as you know. I often order clothes online from Matalan even though the store is next door to me, as I have a chance to browse and can get what I want and don't just see what's on the floor. btw I also find Bon Marche a good place for a rummage, and their jeans have decent pockets!

    I'm glad that you are working through the things for the house - you are a whirlwind and it will make things so much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I found loads of ideas on Cotton Traders' website but had completely forgotten about Bonmarche so will have a look at their site tomorrow.

      It feels good to be so near the end of continual sorting. ☺️

      Delete
  5. Look at that red rose climb and bloom! So pretty! My roses have given up for the summer!
    Sorry you spent more time than you had wanted to on the paperwork! Hope the formal complaint with the tax office helps to resolve the problem!
    Online clothes shopping seem to be the way to go, these days. My daughter ordered some sweat pants and sweat shirts for me, online, and ordered a couple of items for herself, too. Easier and safer than going shopping in person. :)
    How wonderful that you are nearly at the end of getting all your tolerances taken care of! Have I mentioned that you are my role model when it comes to accomplishing things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my roses are looking very happy but I especially like the red one. It hasn't quite spread enough to be seen from the house so it's a lovely treat to see it when I walk to the bench behind the garage

      Time will tell whether my complaint makes them investigate properly and correct the mistake once and for all

      I'm enjoying the online shopping more than going in store. I'm less likely to impulse buy as well.

      Getting so close to finishing off the decluttering and the list of tolerances has lifted a huge weight I didn't realise I was carrying. Once it's all done it's going to change things completely ... all for the good 😊

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry about the tax office. Glad you filed a formal complaint. The roses look absolutely stunning. I love how they are climbing up the trellis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will now be sorted out properly! The roses look amazing don't they. The red rose and the cream one next to it will soon be twining together.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts