Weekly Reflections

191/365: the 'white' rose!


Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • phoning, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • spending a pleasant afternoon with L
  • enjoying another PT session with Amy
  • weighing myself and realising that I'd lost 3 pounds 
  • enjoying J's company at home and chatting through some of my plans with her
  • watching the Les Misérables Staged Concert on TV ... a happy surprise as I didn't know it was on
  • M planting up the new plants and finding places for the extra ones and agreeing that there is absolutely, definitely, categorically no room for any more plants in the flower beds ... there are empty pots though!
  • shopping for new clothes 
  • filling some of the empty spaces in my diary with an assortment of social activities with family and friends as well as new-to-me ones
  • celebrating that my sister has been given her final 'all clear' from the cancer 

I am grateful ...
  • for the NHS and the quality of care my family has received and continues to receive
  • for electric fans on hot days
  • for working appliances that help to make life easier
  • for S saving the day when my up and over garage door got stuck and I couldn't close it

Lifestyle changes
  • daily walk: Achieved 
  • weekly personal training session: Achieved
  • twice a week - 2 x 10 reps of each of three exercises: Achieved 

Comments

  1. Your white rose is lovely! A very good week for you apart from the stuck garage door. Wonderful news that your sister has been given the all clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose was advertised as being white but it actually goes through lots of colour changes before the final white stage. It's a climber and the overall effect is multicoloured. I love it now but was disappointed at first.

      It's fantastic news about my sister. It's the second time she's had to go through it.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful; news about your sister and there's always room for just one (or two) more! I'm glad the garage door was sorted. I hate it when things like that happen. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, it's the best news isn't it? It's a temporary fix on the garage door but at least it is closed and locked. Luckily we were talking when I closed the garage door and it jammed so I didn't even need to panic! xx

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful week you've had! I'm so glad to read that your sister has been given the all clear! Such great news! You have a very helpful neighbor in S! Um, about that white rose...is it the one growing next to the red rose? Or the climbing one? Seems like it has decided it wants to be more colorful than white! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Everything pales into insignificance after hearing my sister's news ... just the best new ever.

      No this rose is on the other side of the garden. The one next to the red rose starts yellow/cream and turns to white. This one is a rambler/climber and the buds are apricot to start with, then pink and yellow appear and finally it fades to white. It's just a bit of a show off!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic news about your sister! You must be so pleased.
    Glad you've had such a good week, Blods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blods, it's the best news ever and the highlight of the week.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful for your sister! This is great news. Your "white" rose is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts