WPSH - The Final Selection

That's it! The Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt is over for another year and it's time to share our photographs. I know a couple of you may still have a few to find so you can either just show the photos you have found, or I'm quite happy for you to take extra time if you want to. The linky will stay open for ages and you can take as long as you need - the record for posting late currently stands at 303 days!  

Here's my choices for the hunt ...

1. party time! - okay, I know this needs some explanation ... this was my dessert when we had one of our Zoom parties during the Christmas season and yes, I did make everybody wait while I photographed it!


2. a star - using the small star from a Christmas card


 

3. something I use every day - cutlery, but I chose this shot of two forks




4. form or shape - a wishing rock, I explained about it here




5. diagonal - I struggled with this one! There are diagonal line in each sign on this board. 




6. currency - coins of the realm




7. a rainbow - a crocheted rainbow and a rainbow flower




8. in profile - one of my ballerina figurines




9. a single letter of the alphabet - the 'T' in the Texaco logo




10. tree(s) - a lovely holly tree at Edington Priory Church




11. represent your zodiac sign or your Chinese year animal - I was born in 1955 which is either the year of the goat or the sheep ... I've chosen goat!




12. Symbolic of the country you call home - it has to be the Union flag




13. graffiti/street art - the owner of this house had the wall painted in memory of her husband




14. a tea break/coffee break - snapped when I met J for coffee




15. an external light - the street lights in the Close




16. half - half an apple. Bless pointed out that you can see a sad face!




17. wheel(s) - one of LJH's favourite toys when she was a toddler




18. a gift - I remembered to photograph this on Christmas morning before I ripped all the wrapping paper off!




19. a decoration - military medals in the local museum




20. Small - the smallest of the Russian dolls 



Alt A. Free choice - a walk along the canal towpath




Alt B. The weather today - a mackerel sky in December 2021




Alt C. Square(s) - the squares on a Rubik cube



Many thanks to everyone who joined the hunt and I'm looking forward to seeing all your photos. The next hunt is the Summer Photograph Scavenger Hunt (SPSH) which is organised by Mary-Lou @ Patio Postcards and runs from June 1st to September 30th.

Please link to your WPSH post and not just to your blog.


Comments

  1. Such wonderful photos. If I had to pick a favourite I would say it is the mackerel sky. Opening your post with that dessert was lovely though and your ballerina ornament is beautiful. Now I'm off to check out the wishing rock, so intriguing and yes the apple does look sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. The wishing rock is very special to me and hope you enjoy reading about it. The dessert was lovely but it was too much for me to eat in one go ... it was huge!

      Delete
  2. Your photos are brilliant.
    Love the forks - almost a mystery photo.
    1955 is a Very good year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I'm sure you'll agree that very special people were born in 1955 😂

      Delete
  3. I really like the wishing stone & it has such a special history for you. Oh yum to that dessert in photo #1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the wishing stone holds very special memories for me. I rarely have desserts now, so this one was a real treat.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for starting this. I'm particularly fascinated by the wishing stone, and somewhat in awe of the amazing pics. I managed all except the single letter and found it wonderful fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll have a look at your photos tomorrow but it sounds like you've done well.

      Delete
  5. Great job, love the variety of snapshots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! I really like the ballerina one and the small one - really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection of photos, Eileen! I like No. 1 and No. 8 the best, I think. :) Thank you for hosting this scavenger hunt and giving us extra time. I have linked my post, above. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I thought you'd like the dessert! 😂 I'll have a look at your photos later on, but many thanks for joining in.

      Delete
  8. Almost impossible to pick favourites among these. But here goes: dessert (yes perleeze), cutlery, wishing stone, Texaco, graffiti and the teenzy, weenzy Wussian Dolly.

    As for that person who posted 303 days late - I seem to recall that all the pictures she submitted were nonetheless taken within the stipulated timeframe. I don't think she took part this time, which is a shame, and I wonder why she didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. I'm glad I made the effort to photograph the graffiti/street art on the bungalow - the owner had it painted in memory of her husband and puts out a collection box in aid of the BHF.

      I think she should have taken part this time as well and it is a shame she didn't. I didn't want to name her but ... why didn't you join us this time? 😂

      Delete
    2. I always go OTT and it ends up taking over my life and blog, posting multiple possibilities for each prompt and then agonising over the final choices. If I ever go away again(!), I would participate and restrict my hunting to the holiday only. That's what I did on the Isle of Wight and I enjoyed it much more.

      Delete
    3. Ah, now I understand. Have you been tempted by any of the holidays with the same company who organised your IoW jaunt. I'm resisting the temptation for now but am seriously considering a few days in London before the end of the year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts